- To List or Not to List. Antonoff, Michael; Fenton, Brian C. // Sound & Vision;May2004, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p16
Presents information on several U.S. periodicals which identify television programs being broadcast in high definition. "The New York Times"; "USA Today"; "TV Guide."
- Bright Lights, Big City. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;6/14/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 24, p26
Reports on the premiere of Fox's television program "The Casino" on June 14, 2004, which launched the high-definition (HD) age in reality programming in the U.S. Use of high-definition television equipment; Effect of HD on the production quality of reality shows; Reason for the reliance of...
- Live From New York, It's HD. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;1/10/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 2, p32
Announces the use of high-definition technology for late-night television programs NBC in the U.S. in April 2005. Television programs that will be using the technology; Equipment used in shooting the television shows; Advantages and disadvantages of using high-definition technology; Impact of...
- AT PRESS TIME. // Electronic Media;07/17/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 29, p1
Reports on developments related to the television broadcasting industry in the United States as of July 17, 2000. Failure of high definition television to gain market acceptance in Los Angeles, California; CBS.com Web site's revelation of the final survivor on the television program 'Survivor.'
- MY EVENING WITH HDTV. Swann, Phillip // Television Week;8/4/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 31, p15
Presents an article on the advantages of high-definition TV (HDTV). Number of TV networks in the U.S. that broadcast in HDTV; Reasons for the decision of some networks not to broadcast in HDTV; Examples of TV shows in HDTV.
- Research. // CableFAX Daily;2/23/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 36, p2
Discusses the findings of a research conducted by Scripps on the views of TV viewers in the U.S. on high definition TV set. Preference of women on high definition TV sets over a pair of shoes; Percentage of the survey population interested in lifestyle programs.
- Pundits Split on HD. Hibberd, James // Television Week;1/9/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p16
This article reports on the views of television critics who participated in the 3rd Critics Poll of "TelevisionWeek" on the impact of high definition as of January 2006. Only 17 percent of critics surveyed by "TelevisionWeek" said they have upgraded to an HD set, but many who have admit the...
- It's Now Prime Time For Digital Television. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;1/8/2004, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p102
Comments on the use of digital television in the U.S. as of January 2004. Number of stations transmitting digital signals in the U.S. as of November 2003; Commendation on local broadcasters; Shows included in the high definition television lineup.
- Scripps' Hi-Def Two-Step. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;4/4/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p1
Reports on the plan of Scripps Network to launch the Food Network and HGTV in high-definition channels in the U.S. in 2006. Decision of Scripps Network to double the amount of hours it will produce in high-definition in 2005 to prepare for the channel introductions in 2006; Television programs...