TV Guide Channel Becomes The Land of Two Rivers
- Chapter 48: SPORTS BROADCASTING. Miller, Richard K.; Washington, Kelli D. // Entertainment, Media & Advertising Market Research Handbook;2005, Issue 7, p421
Chapter 48 of the book "The 2005 Entertainment, Media & Advertising Market Research Handbook" is presented. It assesses the market for sports broadcasting in the U.S. The high salaries earned by athletes have been made possible by TV networks through costly broadcast rights contracts. Cable...
- `Death' wishes come true. Richmond, Ray // Variety;05/04/98, Vol. 370 Issue 12, p104
Presents information on the television program of Music Television (MTV) entitled `Celebrity Deathmatch'. Celebrities featured in the animated program; Adaptation of the program from the halftime feature of Super Bowl in January 1998.
- Bidding war may deprive fans of England's glory. Higham, Nick // Marketing Week;9/6/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 30, p19
Reports the performance of ITV 1 on the national sport write off in England. Joint bidding between ITV 1 and BBC on the football tournament; Value of the bidding; Negotiations between ITV 1 and BBC by events.
- IFC boosting subs by at least 5 mil. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;05/08/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 49, p15
Reports the cable-carriage agreements of Chuck Dolan's Independent Film Channel with Time Warner Cable, Adelphia Communications and Paul Allen's Charter Communications in the United States.
- Future King Of All Media? Champagne, Christine // SHOOT;9/19/2003, Vol. 44 Issue 32, p7
The article features Donny Deutsch, a media personality. A spate of recent deals have cemented his position as a television personality and made him a soon-to-be-published author and a budding movie mogul. Late this summer, CNBC signed Deutsch to a contract that will have him not only continuing...
- `Millennium Live' is dead. Schlosser // Broadcasting & Cable;01/03/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 1, p15
Focuses on the cancellation of the `Millennium Live,' television broadcasts of international year 2000 millennium celebrations by Pax TV. Failure of the broadcast due to financing difficulties; Reaction of international affiliates of the broadcasts.
- Snoop Is in the Kitchen, Sippin' on Gin and Juice. Gordon, Devin // Newsweek;3/12/2001, Vol. 137 Issue 11, p74
Focuses on the television program 'Cribs' which airs on Music Television (MTV). How the show offers tours of celebrity homes with celebrities; Popularity of the show among celebrities.
- MTV veni, vidi, hopes vici in Rome. Rooney, David // Variety;12/04/2000, Vol. 381 Issue 3, p88
Provides information on a party held on November 30, 2000 to celebrate the launching of the Music Television cable network in Rome, Italy. Nightclub that hosted the party; Celebrities and musicians who attended the party.
- AOL TV playing hardball. Robins, Andrew // Electronic Media;02/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p1
Reports that AOL Time Warner's interactive television unit AOL TV demands exclusivity from its business partners as of February 19, 2001. AOL TV's demand that cable television network Nickelodeon choose between an agreement with AOL and a business deal with rival Microsoft TV.