Cartoon Net Expands Its VOD Offerings
- Turner refits site for kids' channel Boomerang to up engagement. Davies, Jessica // New Media Age;6/24/2010, p05
The article reports on the decision of Turner Broadcasting to overhaul its Web site for children's channel Boomerang to increase stickiness and boost brand engagement.
- NBA TV Drives to Hole. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;10/6/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 26, p4
The article reports on the new live programming in prime time and multimillion-dollar marketing effort of NBA TV. The National Basketball Association (NBA) made an earlier deal to have Turner Broadcasting run its digital assets, including cable channel NBA TV, its NBA League Pass package and its...
- TBS Scores a Playoff Win. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/23/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 42, p11
The article reports on the deal contracted by Turner Broadcasting System to televise one of Major League Baseball's two League Championship Series in the U.S. The deal, together with the network's acquisition of the National and American League Division Series playoff contests in past of July...
- Channel One Serious About News for Kids. Kaufman, Debra // Television Week;5/22/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p32
The article reports on the actions undertaken by Channel One to improve its news service offerings for children. The features of the ChannelOneNetwork.com Web site of Channel One are mentioned. Information on the Student-Produced Week program of the channel is provided. In line with the changes,...
- TV-Channeling Web Site May Face Network's Ire. Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;3/3/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p31
Reports on the availability of free television video on the web site iStreamcast.com, scheduled to be launched in the month of March 21, 2003. Formats in which television contents will be offered by the web site; Challenges faced by the company in terms of using contents of programmers; Other...
- Networks Ramp Up New Tech For Football. CARELESS, JAMES // TV Technology;Sep2015, Vol. 33 Issue 16, p1
No abstract available.
- SOUND BITES. // Extra!;
This article focuses on developments in the field of media. A poll on Bill O'Reilly's website found that 97 percent of his online fans think CNN has a left-wing bias. O'Reilly thought this made perfect sense (2/17/05), "because they don't have a conservative commentator on CNN that anybody can...
- 'Mummy' lives at TNT, unraveling USA Net. Dempsey, John // Variety;1/6/2003, Vol. 389 Issue 7, p8
Highlights the competition between TNT and USA Network for basic-cable-network rights to number 1 in primetime for 2002 in the adults 19-48 demo. Films featured by the networks during primetime on December 29, 2002.
- U.S. cites NTV takeover concerns. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/17/2001, Vol. 367 Issue 44, p3
Reports on Turner Broadcasting System's bid to acquire the television station NTV in Russia. Terms of the deal; Net worth of the deal; Russian companies that are involved in the deal.