- The economics and political economy of broadcasting: challenges in developing an analytic foundation. Garber, Steven // Public Choice;Sep1987, Vol. 55 Issue 1/2, p189
Comments on a paper that uses a model of TV audience determination based on the construct of program pitch and an assumed distribution of individual tastes for program pitches. Description of the model and examination of fundamental sources of uneasiness with the model's framework; Sensitivity...
- HEADLINES: MTV's channel for 'graduates' makes Asian debut . // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;6/13/2003, p03
Reports that music TV channel VH1 will debut in Asia in June 2003 with a 24-hour channel in Thailand on UBS Channel 50 and daily program on MTV Southeast Asia and MTV Philippines. Target age of the channel's audience; Statement from MTV Network Asia on the target audience.
- Reader Feedback. Ernstoff, Michael; G., Jack; Robin, Michael // Broadcast Engineering;Nov2003, Vol. 45 Issue 11, p12
Reports on developments related to television broadcasting in the U.S. as of November 2003. Customer no-service; Defining vertical resolution.
- From the Editor. Zongyi Hu // Chinascope;Nov2005, p3
Comments on the status of China's television broadcasting industry as of November 2005. Success of Hunan TV in breaking the dominance of China Central TV Station; Information on the first TV program of Hunan TV that became popular to the viewers and propel the station to success; Popular of the...
- Playtime for sports news. // TVB Europe;Dec2005, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p4
The article reports on a new versatile production system used by SNTV, a global sports news television agency. Pharos Playtime broadcast network control system delivers six bulletins of sports news daily. It also generates a list of items scheduled for each bulletin, totaling from 15 to 45...
- Saturday Morning Fever. Erickson, Steve // Los Angeles Magazine;Jun2003, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p92
Reviews the animated television program 'SpongeBob SquarePants.'
- TELEVISION REVIEW. Hopkins, Graham // Community Care;3/4/2004, Issue 1512, p44
Reviews the television program "Road Trip."
- Rigged Figures at Miami Beach. Hazard, Patrick D. // New Republic;7/25/60, Vol. 143 Issue 4/5, p30
Reviews the television program "Life Can Be Beautiful."
- How Prime Time Crime Evolved on TV, 1976-1981. Estep, Rhoda; MacDonald, Patrick T. // Journalism Quarterly;Summer83, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p293
Focuses on the evolution of television criminals and victims in television program from 1976 to 1981 in the U.S. Devotion of one third of prime time television to crime.