'BROWN' DOCUMENTARY IS WORTH 'SITTING' FOR
- You Said It! // Broadcasting & Cable;7/12/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 27, p2
The article presents views of several readers related to educational programs on television.
- Heads up!: TV tips. // NEA Today;Feb98, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p29
Presents a schedule of educational television (TV) programs for children in the United States during February 1989. `Eyewitness'; `Motown' documentary film; `Mr. Roger's Neighborhood'; `The American Experience: President's Week.'
- Resources. // NEA Today;Sep93, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p36
Presents educational resources on television. Includes `Assignment Discovery: Birthwrite: Growing Up Hispanic'; `Afterschool Special: Love Hurts'; `Beakman's World.' INSET: Teacher TV..
- TV tips. // NEA Today;Mar95, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p16
Lists educational TV programs. `The Brain: Our Universe Within'; `Goals 2000 Satellite Town Meeting: Providing Our Children with a Disciplined and Drug-free Learning Environment'; `Scott Ross: Violence in America'; `Diamonds in the Snow'; `Mustang: The Hidden Kingdom'; `Discovering Women';...
- Plug into TV Now. Angelotti, Michael // School Library Journal;Sep80, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p49
Describes how to use television for educational purposes in the United States. Teacher's guides offered on commercial television; Availability of educational programs; Videotaping television programs for future use.
- On TV. // NEA Today;Apr2006, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p57
Presents information on educational resources on television in the U.S. The Investigative Reports series A&E Classroom: Teen Gambling reveals how some teens have discovered an addictive sport and become part of the fastest growing segment of gamblers. Rx for Survival--The Heroes focuses on...
- 'The Electric Company' is back and better than ever. Reyes, Damaso // New York Amsterdam News;12/25/2008, Vol. 99 Issue 53, p31
The article reviews the television program "The Electric Company."
- ComunicaciÃ³n y educaciÃ³n para la recepciÃ³n crÃtica: resultados de una propuesta integradora. Sandoval Romero, Yamile // Palabra Clave;dic2007, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p147
This text shows the results coming from the design and application of Education on Critical Reception Project, which was developed thanks to an agreement between Universidad Santiago de Cali and the ComisiÃ³n Nacional de TelevisiÃ³n. It includes three phases: the first one consists of...
- Hitler (TV program). // NEA Today;May2003, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p45
Comments on the television program 'Hitler: The Rise of Evil.' Plot of the program; Educational significance of the program.