- SOCIAL STUDIES. Thomas, Dwain // School Library Journal;Nov89, Vol. 35 Issue 15, p64
Reviews the videocassette 'Israel -- Yesterday and Today' produced by Knowledge Unlimited.
- Audiovisual review: Films & videos. Miller, John E.; Mandell, Phyllis Levy // School Library Journal;Jan98, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p66
Reviews the videotape `Israel: Land of Strife, Land of Promise.'
- RELIGION. Rabinowitz, Renee // School Library Journal;Jul89, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p50
Reviews the video recording 'Fliegel's Flight: A Bird's Eye View of Jewish History.'
- In Quest of First-Century C.E. Galilee. Downing, F. Gerald // Catholic Biblical Quarterly;Jan2004, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p78
Examines the history of Galilee, Israel in the firs-century Christian era. Importance of some questions about life in early first-century Galilee; Overview of the Galilean culture; Signs of Jewish habitation in both urban and rural dwellings in Galilee.
- The Birth of Israel. Schaff, Marta // Birth of Israel;2009, p1
Focuses on the circumstances surrounding the creation of the modern Jewish state of Israel. British reaction to the influx of Jews fleeing Europe after the Holocaust; How the growing Jewish community in Palestine sparked conflict with the native Muslim population; Formation of the United Jewish...
- letters. Tadesse, Yielma; Assefa, Konjit; Adugna, Fisseha; Cohen, Nick; Morgan, John; Warne, Robert W.; Bird, Jamie; Tenne, Ruth; Mayers, Chris // New Statesman;11/21/2005, Vol. 134 Issue 4767, p36
The article presents letters to the editor in response to articles and topics discussed in previous issues, including coverage of the political situation in Ethiopia in the November 14, 2005 issue, the use of torture in the November 14, 2005 issue, pension funds in the November 7, 2005 issue,...
- CRAZY CHRONICLER? Evans, Eli T. // Bible Study Magazine;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 2 Issue 5, p30
The article focuses on a number of emphases in the work of a chronicler, who looks back on history. It indicates that the chronicler recounts the historical events from the perspective of Judah instead of the northern kingdom of Israel. It states that the chronicler does not mention his or her...
- Historiography, 'Hazards,' and the Study of Ancient Israel. Niditch, Susan // Interpretation: A Journal of Bible & Theology;Apr2003, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p138
Examines several scholarly approaches to questions concerning Israelite history with specific reference to the biblical book of 'Judges.' Challenges to the study of the pre-modern culture; Respect of scholar Baruch Halpern for ancient historians; Root of the biblical accounts of the exodus...
- WAS THE EGYPTIAN EXPERIENCE NECESSARY? Litke, Joel // Jewish Bible Quarterly;Jul-Sep2007, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p198
The article focuses on the logical implication of the Egyptian exile to their role in the history. Perhaps the exile is the result of national stupidity or a punishment for wrong doings but it is explained that it is the means for God to acquire a nation. God redeemed Israel from the slavery of...