Same Old, Same Old
- The Random Nature of SMT. Flower, Gail // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Jun2003, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p12
Discusses the impact of the downturn in the electronics industry on surface mount technology in the U.S. Delay in the deployment of many technologies; Movement of basic assembly in China; Lowered profit margin; Overcapacity.
- Resettable fuses keep up with demand for surface mount technology. Reed // ECN: Electronic Component News;Aug99, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p98
Analyzes the impact of surface mount technology (SMT) on the electronics industry as of August 1999. Meeting the consumers' demand for reduction of sizes of electronic devices; Factors affecting the growth of SMT applications for electronics; Decrease in sizes of printed circuit boards.
- 3EVENTS. // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Oct2014, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p78
A calendar of events related to surface mount technology (SMT) industry in the U.S. in 2014 is presented including World Energy Engineering Congress, Austin CTEA Expo & Tech Forum and Long Island SMTA Expo and Technical Forum.
- SMT Power Inductors. Goldberg, Lee H. // Power Electronics Technology;Jul2003, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p16
Focuses on the development of surface mount technology (SMT) inductors and magnetics. Improvement in the materials, design and manufacturing practices used in the SMT inductors; Effects of developments in the electronics industry; Development of transformers and inductors; Commercial and...
- Lead-free Solder to Bring Back Vapor Phase Soldering? Kenyon, William G. // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Oct2003, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p16
Discusses the consideration of the impact of vapor phase soldering on lead-free solder adoption. Replacement of heated air in convection ovens during the days of eutectic tin/lead solder over vapor phase; Introduction of a series of vapor phase soldering fluids in the study; Legislation issued...
- SMT in China. Rowland, Robert // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;May2004, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p16
Presents the author's observations of the surface mount technology (SMT) manufacturing operations in China. Level of maturity and capability in the Chinese factories; Size of the factories; Contemporary buildings and equipment; Skills and knowledge of staff.
- Getting Ready to Rework Lead-free. LaFleur, Ray // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;May2004, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p20
Discusses basic rework system design for a lead-free rework. Capabilities and/or limitations of a rework system to achieve repeated satisfactory repair results; Size flexibility of a package; Development processes to be integrated into a software package; System hardware design considerations.
- The Best and Brightest. Bubello, John // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;May2004, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p32
Reports on the ï¿½SMTï¿½ magazine's presentation of the 2003 VISION Awards in a ceremony at IPC-Association Connecting Electronics Industries' co-located APEX and IPC Printed Circuits Expo trade show in Anaheim, California. Total number of entries from the electronics assembly industry;...
- Innovations in Fastening Technology for PC Boards. McKenna, Jay // Product Design & Development;Aug2005, Vol. 60 Issue 8, p14
Focuses on the concern of the electronic industry about the potential damage to personal computer (PC) boards during fastener installation in the final stages of manufacture. Challenges in PC boards based on function and location in an assembly; Availability of panel fasteners for surface...