Discrepant Results Regarding Long-term Survival of Patients With Anorexia Nervosa?
- Long-term Survival of Patients With Anorexia Nervosa: A Population-Based Study in Rochester, Minn. Korndorfer, Sergio R.; Lucas, Alexander R.; Suman, Vera J.; Crowson, Cynthia S.; Krahn, Lois E.; Melton III, Joseph // Mayo Clinic Proceedings;Mar2003, Vol. 78 Issue 3, p278
Examines the long-term survival of unselected patients with anorexia nervosa in Rochester, Minnesota. Standardized mortality ratios; Causes of death; Use of confidence interval.
- Mortality in Concurrent Type 1 Diabetes and Anorexia Nervosa. Nielsen, Soren; Emborg, Charlotte; Molbak, Anne-Grethe // Diabetes Care;Feb2002, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p309
Presents information on a study which examined the mortality in type 1 diabetes and anorexia nervosa. Research design and methods; Results; Mortality of the different samples; Standardized mortality ratio by diagnosis.
- Anorexia nervosa: a guide to screening and treatment. Serfontein, Jaco; Shapleske, Jane // British Journal of Wellbeing;Dec2010, Vol. 1 Issue 9, p31
This article provides an introductory overview of anorexia nervosa: its causes, epidemiology, identification (including screening) and complications. It considers the current evidence available for its treatment and outcome. It offers a brief guide to the assessment, diagnosis and management of...
- Q & A: Long-Term Outcome for Anorexia Nervosa Patients. S. C. // Eating Disorders Review;Sep/Oct2014, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p6
The article provides an answer to a question concerning the long-term outcome for anorexia nervosa patients and mentions topics like standardized mortality rate, International Eating Disorders Conference, and Dr. Linda Mustelin.
- The course of anorexia nervosa. Patton, George // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);7/15/89, Vol. 298 Issue 6692, p139
Assesses the mortality of patients with anorexia nervosa in Sweden. Reason of the difficulty in the interpretation of studies on the mortality in anorexia nervosa; Predictors of death in patients; Indicators of poor outcome of recovery of patients.
- AN EPIDEMIOLOGICAL STUDY OF EATING DISORDERS AMONG HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS IN ROMANIA. Krizbai (Kovács), Tímea // Journal of Cognitive & Behavioral Psychotherapies;Mar2010, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p77
The present paper is an epidemiological study of eating disorders in Romania that analyses the prevalence of eating disorders in the Transylvanian high school population. We surveyed 2396 high school adolescents (1140 male, 1256 female), of which 1312 were Hungarian and 1084, Romanian. The...
- THE CURRENT TREATMENT OF ANOREXIA NERVOSA. Russell, Gerald // British Journal of Psychiatry;Feb81, Vol. 138, p164
The article discusses the methods of treating anorexia nervosa. The epidemiology of the disease and its clinical features are presented. The article also discusses the primary factors in the genesis of the illness and presents the main preoccupations of the patient before treatment. The reasons...
- AN Patients: A Symptom That Might Be Overlooked. // Eating Disorders Review;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p7
Assesses the patterns of alcohol use in patient with anorexia nervosa. Predictors of mortality of anorexic women; Increase in rate of alcoholism in women with eating disorder; Influence of alcoholism on the development of psychiatric illness.
- Long-term mortality in anorexia nervosa: a report after an 8-year follow-up and a review of the most recent literature. Signorini, A.; De Filippo, E.; Panico, S.; De Caprio, C.; Pasanisi, F.; Contaldo, F. // European Journal of Clinical Nutrition;Jan2007, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p119
Objective:To evaluate long-term mortality rate of anorexia nervosa (AN) patients in a southern Italy population compared to the most recent literature.Design:Retrospective and review setting.Patients and interventions:One hundred and forty-seven female AN patients, consecutively admitted from...