Down, but not out
- Waste management tightens its belt. Williams, Drew; Canning, Kathie // Pollution Engineering;Dec97, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p3
Reports on the reorganization of the Waste Management Inc. Reasons for its reorganization; Solutions to the operational inefficiency; Involvement of a stockholder class action lawsuit.
- Waste Management sheds medical disposal biz. Daniels, Steve // Crain's Chicago Business;7/22/96, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p16
Reports that Waste Management Inc.'s medical waste operations in the Chicago, Illinois area and Northwest Indiana has been purchased by a subsidiary of Chicago Disposal Inc. Division of the market among three other waste management companies; Incineration of the medical waste.
- WMI takes a pretax charge. Brown, Bob // Waste News;11/24/97, Vol. 3 Issue 28, p3
Presents information on the result of the financial review by Waste Management Incorporated for the third quarter of 1997. Rejection of an overture to take over Waste Management Incorporated; Adjustment and reclassification of items reported for 1997 and 1996 by the company; Initiation of a...
- Facing the music. Johnson, Jim // Waste News;12/22/97, Vol. 3 Issue 32, p11
Presents information on the executive changes made at Waste Management Incorporated during 1997. Reasons for the change in four chief executive officers; Names of some high-ranking officers who also resigned from the company; Plans of the company to centralize purchasing; Name change from WMX...
- WMI positions itself in New Jersey. Brown, Bob // Waste News;02/02/98, Vol. 3 Issue 38, p2
No abstract available.
- WMI fights ban in Miss. Rowand, Roger // Waste News;02/23/98, Vol. 3 Issue 41, p15
Reports that the board of supervisors of Harrison County, Mississippi prevented further development of Waste Management Incorporated's landfill which accepts residential waste from New Orleans, Louisiana during 1998. Effects of an ordinance filed in the circuit court; Purpose of the ordinance.
- WMI refigures financial stats. Brown, Bob // Waste News;03/02/98, Vol. 3 Issue 42, p1
Reports on Waste Management Incorporated's profit increase for February 25, 1998 in Oak Brook, Illinois. Reason for the boost in profits; Comments from Robert S. Miller, chief executive officer; Amount which Waste Management took in pretax charges.
- Shortfall costs WMI. Brown, Bob // Waste News;04/20/98, Vol. 3 Issue 49, p2
Reports that according to a recycling group Waste Management Incorporated (WMI) failed to accomplish a 25-percent diversion rate required in its recycling contract with the city of Chicago. Effect this had on the number of garbage sent to landfills; How the shortfall was costly for WMI;...
- WMI's plan for Brambles site irks Virginians. Brown, Bob // Waste News;09/07/98, Vol. 4 Issue 17, p1
Reports on the reactions of environmentalists to an announcement by Waste Management Incorporated, to triple daily volume at the Brambles landfill in Virginia. Concerns expressed by activists in various newspaper articles; Comments from Rodney R. Proto, chief operating officer at Waste Management.
- WMI takes lead in bid for NYC trash. Brown, Bob // Waste News;09/07/98, Vol. 4 Issue 17, p5
Reports that Waste Management Inc. (WMI), is leading the bid for the daily disposal of garbage from Brooklyn and Queens, New York City, as a result of numerous mergers and acquisitions. Comments from John Doherty, sanitation commissioner for New York; Views of Cherie Rice, Waste Management's...