The power of purchasing
- The Real Risk Is in Waiting to Buy a Home. Harmer, Sherman D. // San Diego Business Journal;2/4/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p39
The author reflects on the significance of the plan of the Capitol Hill in Washington D.C. to pass a bill that would allow home buyers to obtain conforming mortgages of much higher amounts on home buyers in San Diego, California. He commented that the buyers will be given additional purchasing...
- SETTING COURSE FOR YOUR NEXT SYSTEM: 31 HABITS FOR A HIGHLY-EFFECTIVE SYSTEM PURCHASING PROCESS. Inge, Jon // Hospitality Upgrade;Spring2005, p6
Focuses on the strategy for effective system purchasing process for hotelier and vendors in the U.S. Difficulties in the request for proposal (RFP) process; Objectives of RFP; Functions of hoteliers and vendors in the purchasing process.
- LETTERS. Angel, Michael; Hunger, Nikki; Stokes, Joanne; Alletson, Angela // Supply Management;4/16/2009, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p19
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "Too Big for Efficiency," in the April 2, 2009 issue, "Relatively Speaking," in the January 22, 2009 issue, and "Councils Missing Payment Targets," in the April 2, 2009 issue.
- Contractors: Reform reform. MERRION, PAUL // Crain's Chicago Business;1/30/2012, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p0003
The article reports that business interests are expecting the measurement of the Illinois Legislature enacted procurement reforms, where bidding restrictions are creating war among purchasing officials, alienating vendors and state buying power. It states that the Illinois officials and outside...
- Do you get the extra mile? Barton, Antony // Supply Management;9/6/2007, Vol. 12 Issue 18, p10
The article discusses the findings of this magazine's poll of 100 purchasers which suggest that suppliers' willingness to meet unusual requests of buyers varies between industries, but mainly influenced by buyers' purchasing power. More than 40% of respondents stated that some suppliers would...
- Seeking the Latino Vote: Under President Bush, Republicans are moving in the right direction. Martínez, Mel // Hispanic;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 17 Issue 1/2, p85
Provides information on the efforts of U.S. President George W. Bush to empower Hispanic Americans. Expectation on the amount of Hispanic purchasing power for 2004; Impact of President Bush's efforts to simplify home-buying process on minority home buyers; Number of Hispanic small business...
- LAS VEGAS HOME SALES DROP 26.5 PERCENT IN OCTOBER. Smith, Hubble // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);11/22/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 47, pP12
The article reports on the 26.5 percent decline in the volume of homes being sold in Las Vegas, Nevada in October 2010, according to data from the Greater Las Vegas Association of Realtors.
- Deductions: `Cashflow killer'. Dockery, Darrel // Business Credit;Mar1995, Vol. 97 Issue 3, p44
Discusses deduction problems of vendors and suppliers with their customers. Legitimacy of the action; Cash flow tied to the problem; Classifying the deductions by code; Invoicing customers for unauthorized deductions; Getting copies of exceptions from electronic data interchange; Importance of...
- 2009 Partner Program Guide. Campbell, Scott // CRN;Mar2009, Issue 1283, p28
The article announces the Five Star Partner Program award given to Citrix Systems Inc., Progress Software Corp. and CA.