Chairman and CEO of UPS responds to strike allegations
- Chairman and CEO of UPS responds to strike allegations. Kelly, James P. // Workforce;Nov97 Supplement Tools, Vol. 76, p1
Opinion. Presents the author's view on part-time employment which dragged the United Parcels Service (UPS) company into national debate in United States. Number of teamster jobs created by the company in the past four years; Nature of the parcel delivery business of the company; Reactions of...
- Union wins in new contract. P.M. // Catalog Age;09/15/97, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p5
Reports on the five-year contract worked out by United Parcel Service (UPS) with the International Teamsters union on August 18, 1997. Increase in the starting pay for part-time union workers; Lode of pre-strike parcel volume expected by UPS.
- Teamsters take UPS to task over higher package weights. // Overdrive;May94, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p89
Reports that Teamsters' plan to stage actions against United Parcel Service (UPS) after it failed to fulfil its promise not to require employees to lift heavy packages. Hazards of heavy weight packages according to Teamsters President Ron Carey; Previous action against UPS; Plan to file...
- `Problem solving' labor talks. Schulz, John D. // Traffic World;03/03/97, Vol. 249 Issue 9, p10
Reports on the contract negotiations between United Parcel Service (UPS) and the Teamsters Union. Problem-solving approach used by the company in handling the negotiations; Lawsuits filed by the two groups against each other; Opposition to the company's increase in its per-package weight limit...
- The Teamsters' package deal. Buckley Jr., William F. // Cortlandt Forum;10/25/97, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p285
Provides insights on the politics of the strike of the Teamsters Union at United Parcel Service (UPS). Issues of wages of part-time workers; Percentage of the package-delivery business of the United States handled by UPS; Difficulty in economies under the new contract.
- UPS wants to subcontract some service as Teamsters balk at wages, pension trade. Page, Paul // Traffic World;8/23/93, Vol. 235 Issue 8, p17
Reports on the division among negotiators for United Parcel Service (UPS) and its Teamsters members over changes in wages, benefits and work rules in a new contract. Issues regarding UPS pension plan; Arguments by Teamsters; Flexible work rules; `Three-day Select' service proposed by UPS.
- UPS ready to `front-load' offer to Teamsters. Schulz, John D. // Traffic World;9/20/93, Vol. 235 Issue 12, p13
Reports on United Parcel Service Inc.'s readiness to `front load' its contract offer to Teamsters union employees. Details of the agreement; Areas near resolution. INSET: Board clears Carey of mob ties..
- What social contract? Rast, Bob // Traffic World;08/11/97, Vol. 251 Issue 6, p6
Editorial. Comments on the labor conflict between the International Brotherhood of Teamsters and United Parcel Service (UPS). UPS' arguments on the factors needed to be competitive; Growth in the number of part-time workers of UPS; Germany's labor law that allows companies to pull from three...
- Will White House intervene in Teamsters-UPS strike? Barnes, David // Traffic World;08/11/97, Vol. 251 Issue 6, p12
Reports that the Bill Clinton administration has ruled out immediate intervention to the International Brotherhood of Teamsters union strike against United Parcel Service. Administration's call for a resumption of negotiations; Provisions under the Taft-Harley Act on strikes; UPS' efforts to win...