My reality check bounced
- the Write RAMifications. Lancie, Philip De // EMedia;Apr2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p44
Discusses the development of digital video disc (DVD) technology in the United States. Variations of DVD; Overview on the creation of DVD-Random Access Memory.
- THE writable MADNESS marches on. Parker, Dana J. // EMedia;Apr2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p80
Discusses the development on digital video disc (DVD) technology in the United States. Versions of DVD-Rewriteable; Features of DVD-Random Access Memory.
- What's the Single, Most Important Item I Should Look at When Buying a New Computer for Business Use? Jones, Caleb // National Public Accountant;Aug2003, p23
Presents advice on the factors to consider in purchasing a computer for business use. Amount of random access memory; Benefits of a CD or DVD burner; Price of the flat screen monitor; Speed of the processor.
- Luminex' DVD Power 100 Library & HOTfolders for Linux. Doering, David // EMedia;Apr2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p56
Focuses on the digital video disc-random access memory library and the HOTfolders computer software of Luminex. Features of the library; Application of the software.
- 8x DVDÂ±R/RW writers. Race, Nick // Australian Personal Computer;Jun2004, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p56
DVD writers are getting faster and more reliable while supporting an increasing number of formats. Most of the new generation of 8x DVD writers support all the DVD standards available. DVD-R and -RW is championed by the DVD Forum and offers wide support for playback in standalone DVD players....
- LS GSA-4040B. // Australian Personal Computer;Jun2004, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p62
The GSA-4040B drive from LG Electronics Inc. is the only drive in the roundup unable to write at 8x. However, it's included because it's one of the few drives on the market which writes in DVDÂ±RW and DVD-RAM formats. With the slowest result in the CD transfer test owing to last-generation...
- TECH TOY. Pedroza, Gisela M. // Entrepreneur;Feb2005, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p26
Features Tek Panel 370. Digital video recording; Toshiba DVD-RW/CD-RW drives; I/O connectivity for digital cameras; SRAM and SATA hard drive; Price.
- Tape's Last Legs. Yager, Tom // InfoWorld;6/16/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p66
Focuses on technology competing with magnetic tape data storage. Evaluation of the Panasonic digital video disc (DVD) random access memory format; Comparison of the speed of magnetic tapes and hard drives; Features of the BluRay DVD.
- Thomson, Matsushita Ink DVD Pact. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;9/1/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p8
Reports that Thomson and Matsushita Electric Industrial have signed an agreement on optical disc playback for digital video disc-random access memory (DVD-RAM) and content protection in 2003. Details of the agreement.
- PC overhaul due in '99. DiCarlo, Lisa // PC Week;08/31/98, Vol. 15 Issue 35, p6
Discusses several of the new technologies which Intel Corp. plans to focus on at its 1998 Developer Forum in September. New systems based on the 450MHz Katmai processor and Katmai New Instructions; Implementation of electronic commerce security features; Support for Direct Rambus dynamic RAM...