Are there active lessons beyond the school gate?
- Talent spotting. Sparrow, Stephanie // Utility Week;4/7/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p20
The article looks at several approaches to management development. Business enterprises are investing time, resources and effort into developing a coaching culture based on a study published by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development. It emphasizes the importance of determining the...
- An uphill battle. // Curriculum Review;Mar1996, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p4
Describes the challenges of implementing active and collaborative learning concepts in the classroom. Students' ill-preparedness for taking responsibility for their own education.
- Cat and mouse. Camil, Colette // Ladybug;Mar94, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p22
Presents an identification activity for children. Identifying inside and outside; Cat and mouse activity.
- Make a word. Teare, Brad // Ladybug;Jul97, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p30
Presents an educational activity for children to widen their knowledge.
- The pre-student teaching practicum: Don't leave it to... Strand, Bradford N.; Johnson, Martin // Physical Educator;Early Winter90, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p197
Examines why pre-student teaching practicum experiences should not be left to chance. Importance of teachers getting early field experiences during sophomore and junior years; Advantages and disadvantages of pre-student teaching practicums; Problems observed; Recommendations for cooperative...
- The literature log. Nedeau, Paul T. // Teaching Pre K-8;Apr97, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p53
Opinion. Presents the author's experience in using Learning Literature Log (LLL), a reading skills activity for upper elementary and middle school kids. Real objective in developing the LLL; Variety of ways in using the LLL; How the LLL offers children of all ages various strategies that help...
- A curriculum for authentic learning. Gordon, Rick // Education Digest;Mar1998, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p4
Discusses information on `authentic' learning involving the real world problem solving situations. Essential elements; Tips for making challenges accessible; Framework; Housekeeping phase.
- What a treat! Winter, Ginny; MacBain, Alan // Children's Playmate Magazine;Jun98, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p9
Presents a connecting dots activity intended for children.
- Splash! Winter, Ginny // Turtle;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p9
Presents an educational activity that will enhance children's creative thinking.