Devolved and diverse
- Downsizing: Case Study of a Career in Crisis. Booth, Rosemary; Smith, Teresa L. // Journal of Employment Counseling;Sep95, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p115
The article presents a case which illustrates the issues that must be addressed when planning and implementing a corporate restructuring and downsizing program. Downsizing is a major concern in American Industry today. Although much has been written about the effects of downsizing on...
- DOWNSIZING IN IRAN: CULTURE VERSUS NECESSITY. Ahmadi, S. Hadi; McKay, Ruth; Murphy, Steven // Global Conference on Business & Finance Proceedings;Jun2012, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p510
This case follows the experience of an Iranian small business owner facing changing environmental forces. The most notable forces of change are the Iranian economy and policies, internal/external Iranian politics and global competition and relations. In order to save the organization the owner...
- Exploring the consequences of workforce reduction. Wagar, Terry H. // Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences (Canadian Journal of;Dec98, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p300
Examines the relationship between permanent workforce reduction and three sets of outcomes. Impact of downsizing on the survivors; Consequences of downsizing; High-involvement workplace strategy; Conclusion.
- Lessons learned. Nelson, Debra L.; Burke, Ronald J. // Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences (Canadian Journal of;Dec98, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p372
Presents lessons learned about downsizing. Reason organizations downsize; Advantages of downsizing; Effectiveness of downsizing; Guidelines for future downsizing efforts; Factors to improve in downsizing; Conclusion.
- Surviving corporate downsizing talk. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;04/22/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30625, p31
Focuses on how to survive a corporate downsizing. Handling of responsibilities of departing co-workers.
- Weed Out Poor Performance--Benchmark the Best. // Broker Magazine;Aug/Sep2001, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p8
Presents tips on business downsizing in the United States. Opportunity of businesses to remove the lower-producing employees; Evaluation of the characteristics of top performers; Factors considered in recruiting, screening, hiring and developing employees.
- Corporations should offer more attention to downsizing survivors. // Corporate Board;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 17 Issue 100, p26
Reports on the importance for corporations to be aware of the needs of employees who survive a reorganization. Possible reduction in productivity and profit loss following downsizing; Focus on collaboration among workers and not competition; Need to train workers for additional duties.
- The Downsizing Sequel: Surviving Corporate Change. Kelly, Beth // Grand Rapids Business Journal;9/23/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 38, p29
Discusses tips on surviving a downsizing situation. Helping of laid-off friends; Options of downsized employees; Keeping things in perspective.
- Work-force board facing potential cutbacks. Watt, Katherine // Inside Tucson Business;03/26/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p20
Reports on the possible downsizing of the Pima County Workforce Investment Board in Arizona. Budget boost of the Arizona Department of Education; Retraining of young workers.