Changing the job mix to encourage latent talent
- Special Expertise Panels Get a Makeover. // HR Magazine;Apr2012, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p82
The article focuses on the reorganization of Special Expertise Panels which provide human resources (HR) expertise from members who identify important HR topics from the professional association Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), stating that the 12 SHRM panels have been reduced to six.
- LETTERS. // Financial Management;Feb2003, p10
Presents correspondence on personnel management. Elements of social cost and benefits; Performance evaluation of staff; Relevance of strategic expertise on the job.
- Management Dialogues: Turning On the Marginal Performer. Schermerhorn Jr., John R.; Gardner, William L.; Martin, Thomas N. // Organizational Dynamics;Spring90, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p47
The article presents information related to the marginal performer. Individual abilities are the skills and other personal characteristics used in a job. If the person lacks the requisite baseline abilities, it will be very difficult for even extraordinary effort and support to produce high...
- What can I earnï¿½ as an HR generalist in the North West? // Personnel Today;3/20/2007, p39
The article presents information on the job description and career progression of a human resource (HR) generalist. The role is normally seen as either a first job for a graduate, or a route into HR for someone with general office experience. The role involves supporting the organization's...
- Library Careers. // Monkeyshines on the Library...Information for You!;2004, p151
Covers information about several jobs available within U.S. libraries. Responsibilities of librarians; Qualifications for aspiring librarians; Specialties that may be pursued by a librarian.
- Elephants, CEO Hiring, and Adam Smith. Lippert, Owen // Canadian Student Review;Spring2013, p30
A reprint of the article "Elephants, CEO Hiring, and Adam Smith," by Owen Lippert published in the February 1999 issue of the journal "Fraser Forum" is presented. Topics discussed include the economic tools in understanding the executive hiring process, such as the scarcity of qualified...
- Schering-Plough (Brinny)'s CPD expertise delivers. Dunne, Gerard; Kelleher, Donal // Engineers Journal;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 64 Issue 8, p305
The article observes that Schering-Plough in Brinny, Ireland has always taken pride in seeking new ways to stimulate, develop and inspire its employees since its 1986 opening. It outlines the technical detail and utilisation of on-site expertise and skills to complete a recent project within a...
- GPs think like Plato and Proust. // GP: General Practitioner;9/15/2006, p13
The article discusses a study which concluded that doctors are similar to shopkeepers and human resource managers. The study found that workers in such professions are people thinkers and empathetic. It also confirmed that majority of doctors have in-depth but limited expertise. Those with wide...
- HR. COTTELL, COLIN // Recruiter;Apr2015, p14
The article discusses the evolution of Human Resources (HR) into a technology-based system. Topics discussed include the requirement in HR for innovative shared services people, people who can analyze data from talent systems, and who understands operations and financial management. Also...