Lloyd's breaks training addiction among staff
- Reversal of fortune. Clarke, Jane; Hooper, Chris // People Management;03/20/97, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p22
Features the resurrection of Lloyd's of London after a crisis that nearly toppled it and how personnel helped to achieve the turnaround. Information about the transformation of Lloyd's; Organization switch of policy; Services of consultant Nicholson McBride; Core values which the management...
- Lloyd's reforms. // Accountancy;Mar2002, Vol. 129 Issue 1303, p85
Reports that Lloyds of London is proposing to abolish the three-year accounting system and replace it with more conventional generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) accounting in London, England.
- Lloyd's efforts to improve regulation ongoing. Goddard, Sarah // Business Insurance;01/26/98, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p6
Reports on efforts of Lloyd's of London to restructure the governance of its company during 1998. Reason for this action; Publishing of Lloyd's third annual report on regulation; Identification of changes enacted by the company.
- Merrett names threaten suit. Goddard, Sarah // Business Insurance;01/26/98, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p17
Reports that individuals affiliated with Lloyd's of London are threatening to sue their agents over an excessive premium used to close a syndicate account. Management of the account by Merrett Underwriting Agency Management Limited; Number of members who contributed to the syndicate.
- Advesity equals opportunity. // Business Insurance;05/11/98, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p8
Opinion. Presents information on Lloyd's of London. Reference to the changes that Lloyd's have undergone; Statistical information on Lloyd's finances; Indication that Lloyd's recapitalizes it syndicates each year, under its annual venture structure.
- Lloyd's boosts Central Fund with $800 million policy. Goddard, Sarah // Business Insurance;04/26/99, Vol. 33 Issue 17, p1
Reports on Lloyd's of London's purchase of insurance coverage for its Central Fund, a fund of last resort. Reaction of risk managers, rating agencies, and insurance professionals to the purchase; Details of the coverage; Peak value of the Central Fund; Insurance organizations involved in the...
- Lloyd's capacity increases 10% for 2001 writings. Unsworth, Edwin // Business Insurance;01/15/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p17
Reports that Lloyd's of London Co. has increased its insurance premium capacity in Great Britain for 2001. Increase demonstrating clear expectations that the market's performance will improve during 2001.
- GLOBAL BRIEFS. // Business Insurance;01/22/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p19
Reports on the decision of the four Lloyd's of London associations to merge to form the Lloyd's Market Assn. Associations involved in the merge including The organizations-the Lloyd's Underwriters' Assn., the Lloyd's Underwriters' Non-Marine Assn., the Lloyd's Aviation Underwriters' Assn. and...
- LLOYD'S 'BOXES' A HIT IN DUBLIN. Ceniceros, Roberto; Hofmann, Mark A.; Veysey, Sarah // Business Insurance;9/20/2010, Vol. 44 Issue 37, p27
The article deals with the charity event hosted by Lloyd's of London in the Dublin Convention Center in September 2010.