Link pay to performance and we'll stay on track
- Comp panel criticized. Ceniceros, Roberto // Business Insurance;05/11/98, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p2
Reports that the fairness of a state commission that is calling for an increase in workers compensation benefits is being questioned by California employees. What the panel is urging state lawmakers; Indication that the Commission on Health and Safety on Workers Compensation voted on April 16,...
- Trends and challenges for the compensation committee. Hourihan, Gary C. // Corporate Board;Nov/Dec90, Vol. 11 Issue 65, p12
Focuses on trends and the challenges faced by the compensation committees of corporate boards in the United States. Maintaining the balance between public acceptance and the reality of senior executive compensation; Strategies in minimizing potential conflict in compensation issues; Relationship...
- Taking the tax out of overseas duty. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);5/8/95, Vol. 42 Issue 19, p22
Advises employers to provide expatriate compensation package to employees working overseas on temporary assignments. Things to include in the package; Base salary; Allowances; Premiums.
- Pay and performance. Bhasin, Roberta // Pulp & Paper;Sep93, Vol. 67 Issue 9, p33
Offers advice on how to come up with an effective and responsive compensation system. Recognition that good performance should not be equated with pay increases; Three basic things an employee asks; Other opportunities for compensation; System where people are responsible for their own...
- NYSIF announces ROC program to help drive down workers'-comp costs. // Business Journal (Central New York);11/12/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 46, p14
The article offers information on the importance of Recommendation of Care (ROC) program introduced by New York State Insurance Fund (NYSIF) for the treatment of workers'-compensation in New York in 2010.
- The search for a new model for salary management: Is there support for private sector practices? Risher, Howard // Public Personnel Management;Winter97, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p431
Surveys the differences in the way salary management is viewed by senior personnel executives in industry and in government in the United States. Traditional model of pay; Concepts included in a new model for salary management; Implications of new salary systems.
- Comp plans up. // Corporate Detroit;Sep96, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p8
Reports on the rise of compensation plans for employees in Michigan. Variable compensation; Profit-sharing.
- Benefit research group formed. Wojcik, Joanne // Business Insurance;9/18/95, Vol. 29 Issue 38, p61
Reports on the formation of Integrated Benefits Institute, a non-profit organization by California Workers Compensation Institute staff members William Molnen and Thomas Parry. Members of the organization; Services offered by the organization.
- New Engineers Getting Best Offers. // ASHRAE Journal;May2010, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p6
The article reports on the high level of compensation offered to engineering majors, particularly in petroleum engineering, in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.