Why the net is only useful as you make it
- Comment. // Orange County Business Journal;2/27/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p79
A cartoon on blogging is presented.
- Working-Class Academics Share Woes, Pointers Via the Internet. // Community College Week;02/05/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 13, p14
Presents information on Working Class Academics, an Internet forum for scholars in the United States. Founder of the discussion group; Topics discussed; Estimated number of members.
- Throwing a spammer in the works. Ward, Mark // New Scientist;04/18/98, Vol. 158 Issue 2130, p22
Focuses on the strike by anti-spam volunteers who attempt to control junk postings or spam distributed on Internet discussion groups or Usenet. Coordinator of the strike; What a spam usually includes; Estimated number of spam messages posted to Usenet weekly; Comments from a British spokesman...
- ASHRAE Launches Discussion Forum. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Sep2013, Vol. 85 Issue 9, p10
The article reports on the launch in 2013 of the ASHRAExCHANGE online forum on www.ASHRAExCHANGE.org.
- You've got mail. Hendrickson, Nancy // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Aug2001, Vol. 114 Issue 8, p18
Talks about the significance of Internet mailing lists to writers. Types of mailing lists; How to join and use the list.
- The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: Listserv as Support. Worotynec, Z. Sonia // CyberPsychology & Behavior;Oct2000, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p797
The Internet links people across the world. School children, researchers, and average people use the Internet to get information. For home child care providers, electronic mailing lists provide support and resources in practical ways. Posts to such E-mail lists include requests for modeling clay...
- Creating a Cyber-Board. Ronk, Cheryl // Association Management;Jan2000, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p124
Focuses on the role of the Internet in enhancing the meetings and orientations of an association. Benefits of conducting online meetings; Electronic voting; Online discussion groups.
- Paying attention or lip service? Gibbs, Mark // Network World;1/14/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p54
Focuses on the uselessness of online support forums of computer vendor firms. Effectiveness of chat-based support services system in corporations; Cost effectiveness of computer products; Recommendations for evaluation of online forums of each vendor.
- Student Participation in a Discussion-Oriented Online Course: A Case Study. Poole, Dawn M. // Journal of Research on Computing in Education;Winter2000, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p162
Examines the nature of student participation in a discussion-oriented online course. Course background; Participants; Accessing of course materials; Involvement as moderator; Content of posts; Community building.