Scaling the age barrier
- Retiring early could endanger clients' financial health. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;May96, Vol. 97 Issue 1, p77
Focuses on the financial disadvantages of early retirement. Reasons for retirement; Effect of early retirement on pension benefits; Effect of inflation on early retirees.
- Early retirement may be closer than you think. Zapisek // San Diego Business Journal;08/23/99, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p25
Reports on the accelerating trend of early retirement among employees in San Diego, California. Sources of funding for early retirements; Challenges encountered by early retirees; Key to a successful retirement.
- Predictors of early retirement in British civil servants. Mein, Gill; Martikainen, Pekka; Stanfeld, Stephen A.; Brunner, Eric J.; Fuhrer, Rebecca; Marmot, Michael G. // Age & Ageing;Nov2000, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p529
Provides information on a study which determined the predictors of early retirement in British civil servants. Details on labor force dynamics in industrialized countries; Estimated number of early retirees; Discussion on the retirement process; Methodology; Results and discussion.
- Retirement offer too appealing. Greenwald, Judy // Business Insurance;3/28/94, Vol. 28 Issue 13, p2
Reports on the Voluntary Early Retirement Incentive Program for faculty members of the University of California designed to cut payroll costs. Adverse effect of too numerous retirements; Disruption of fall classes; Budgetary restraints in replacing the retiring professors.
- You're fired, you're hired. // Christian Science Monitor;1/4/96, Vol. 88 Issue 27, p20
Editorial. Presents positive and negative views on the early retirement of 40,000 employees as announced by AT&T for the purpose of corporate restructuring. Focus on its effect on employment opportunities in US.
- You've Got to Have a Plan. Fisher, Dan // Money;Jul2001, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p117
Offers financial advice for early retirement. The author's investment experiences; Use of a professional investment advisor; Perceived importance of following a detailed plan.
- Early retirement slows economic growth. // Futurist;Apr98, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p14
Presents the report of Hudson Institute, a public policy research organization, concerning the impact of workers' early retirement on the United States economy. Forecast on the population of the United States; Recommendations of Hudson for government policies reform that discourages work and...
- Getting a run for your money. de Lange, Lucas // Finance Week;12/15/2000, p15
Presents advice to South African employees who are building an early retirement fund. Investments in an equity unit trust and in the money market; Opportunities offered by declines in the money market; Close observation of data from financial publications. INSET: Getting to grips with the...
- Rente mit 63 betrifft die meisten Betriebe. // Lebensmittel Zeitung;4/11/2014, Issue 15, p36
The article announces that the option to retire early at the age of 63 will have an effect on 80 percent of small businesses, and offers information on difficulties to find experts.