To conceal or not to conceal?
- Gun-control advocates buoyed by Supreme Court ruling on firearms. Wilson, Reid // Hill;2/25/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p12
The article reports that the Supreme Court has upheld a ban on some gun ownership rights in the U.S.
- Firearms Amnesty Extended. Moorhouse, Barney // Ontario Out of Doors;May2010, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p14
The article reports on the capability of gun owners to comply with the firearm's law due to the extension of the amnesty in Canada.
- Guns down under. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;12/5/94, Vol. 21 Issue 51, p13
Announces that in Canada, Garry Breitkreuz, Reform MP for Yorktown-Melville (Sask.), obtained a copy of a report examining the usefulness of the mandatory, universal firearms registration in the state of Victoria. The report by A. Newgreen; How the report begins.
- New Gun Checks Begin as Brady Expires. // State Legislatures;Jan99, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p11
Announces that all unlicensed firearms buyers in the United States will undergo an instant national criminal background check through the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) following the Brady act expiration on November 30, 1998. Estimated number of checks that will be conducted each year;...
- `You shot me?'. Fitzgerald, Nancy // Scholastic Choices;Jan97, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p6
Discusses the impact of the death of Michael Steber, a victim of a gun accident, to gun ownership and how the family is coping with his death. Description of the accident; Communities' reaction to Michael's death; Activities of the family to help prevent the reoccurrence of another gun accident...
- Easing handgun licensing laws: Helping the public fight back. Snyder, Jeffrey R. // USA Today Magazine;Sep98, Vol. 127 Issue 2640, p30
Presents information on the licensing system in the United States that allows adult citizens to carry concealed firearms in public. Feature of the licensing law; Basis of shall-issue licensing systems; Arguments of opponents of the licensing laws.
- Darcus Rowe. Rowe, Darcus // New Statesman;11/14/97, Vol. 126 Issue 4360, p35
Comments on British Home Secretary Jack Straw's guns amnesty program in Brixton, England to address the increasing tendency among black youths in the area to shoot and kill each other. View of the amnesty as a positive initiative; History of the problem in Brixton; Additional measures needed to...
- Solutions: New and old, tough and soft. Ridenour, David A. // World & I;Apr94, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p28
Focuses on President Bill Clinton's proposal on the restriction of gun ownership as part of his administration's campaign against crime. Factors attributed by different sectors for the increase in crime rate; Increase in black crime rate; Federal government's neglect of the role of family in...
- A careful look at homicide and guns. Gray, Fred // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);3/28/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 13, p2
The author discusses the insights David Brooks, conservative columnist of "New York Times," regarding the implication of gun ownership to the killings that had happened in the U.S.