The morality of business
- Corporate responsibility. Roddick, Anita // Executive Excellence;Sep97, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p9
Focuses on the social responsibility of businesses. Companies' need to engage in good works and be a force for positive social change; Disadvantages of free trade; Description of a fair trade; Moral decisions expected by consumers.
- Ethical sales gain ground. // Finance Week;3/29/2002, p56
Focuses on the advantages of cause-related marketing. Importance of social responsibility; Strategic alliances between corporations and charities; Creation of a positive image of companies associated with good causes.
- What money goes where. // Finance Week;7/14/2003, p50
Focuses on the corporate social investment (CSI) in South Africa. Size of CSI budget; CSI spending on education and training; Investment area for CSI; CSI funding for arts, culture and environment.
- Consumers note marketers' good causes: Roper. Krol, Carol // Advertising Age;11/11/96, Vol. 67 Issue 46, p51
Reports on the results of a Roper Starch Worldwide study on cause-marketing. The expectation among Americans that big businesses be socially responsible; The link between brand loyalty and cause-related marketing; Three companies taking different cause-marketing tacks being American Express...
- RISE elects governing board. // American Nurseryman;11/15/96, Vol. 184 Issue 10, p6
Reports on the election of governing board of Responsible Industry for a Sound Environment (RISE) for the 1997 fiscal year. Brief Information about RISE; Members of RISE who were elected on the board.
- Talking green. Poe, Randall; Courter, Carol Lee // Across the Board;Apr97, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p5
Claims that companies are aggressively trying to get more financial analysts to value their environmental efforts. How companies can get the attention of Wall Street according to the Green Business Letter; Suggestion to environmental officers when they talk to their own chief financial officers...
- Beneficiaries of corporate support, 1995, by industrial... Tillman, Audris D. // Across the Board;Apr97, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p55
Lists some of the 1995 beneficiaries of corporate support, specifically of the manufacturing and the service sector. Percentage of support for health and human services; Education; Culture and arts; Others.
- Some tort reforms are hard to swallow. McLeod, Douglas // Business Insurance;2/10/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p16
Focuses on cases where tort reforms are not required to encourage responsible corporate behavior. Reason why society needs tort litigation; Bill introduced by legislator Ric Keller that would bar suits relating to consumption of food products that otherwise meet regulatory and statutory...
- Making it in corporate America. Pogue-Campbell, Ann // Black Collegian;Nov/Dec92, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p44
Describes the realities of corporate America. What to expect; Adjustments; Conflict on the job; Being positive; Learning quickly; Mistakes; Need for a mentor.