Clinical trials and tribulations: A personal view of interacting with pharmaceutical manufacturers
- Medical research is alive and well. Goldberg, Carol // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);09/30/96, Vol. 43 Issue 40, p1
Focuses on the growth of medical research in hospitals in Long Island, New York State. Features of the biomedical research efforts in the area; Features of the drug developed at the University Medical Center in Stony, Brook, New York State; Comment by Craig Malbon, vice president for research...
- Early sightings. Rodgers, Katie // Drug Topics;5/20/96, Vol. 140 Issue 10, p36
Reports on several medical research activities in the United States as of May 20, 1996. Includes study of treatment of benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH); Use of sustained-release verapamil to control morning surge of blood pressure and heart rate.
- Budget division disputed. Concar, D. // Nature;4/26/1990, Vol. 344 Issue 6269, p803
Reports on the results of a survey by the United States Office of Technology Assessment that finds that researchers are equally split over whether the United States government spends too much of its biomedical budget on AIDS. AIDS research has led to advances in other scientific disciplines;...
- Building clinical research capacity in the Pacific Islands. Ekeroma, Alec // Journal of Primary Health Care;Sep2013, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p257
The article discusses interventions to Build Reproductive health Research and Audit Capacity and Activity in six Pacific Islands. A total of 28 clinicians and academics with diverse experience and educational backgrounds attended a research workshop in Auckland, New Zealand which covered topics...
- Advances. // Good Housekeeping;Nov92, Vol. 215 Issue 5, p100
Highlights recent developments in medical research. Researchers think they may be able to cure diabetes with transplants of insulin-producing cells; A new, more reliable diagnostic test may soon reduce the number of deaths from colon cancer by catching the disease at its earliest stages; Many...
- GR will feel VAI's impact. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/17/97, Vol. 15 Issue 46, p3
Reports that the business, health care and educational impact of Grand Rapids, Michigan's Van Andel Institute (VAI) took center stage at the Alliance for Health's First Friday Forum. Prediction made by Luis Tomatis, president of the forth-coming bio-molecular and genetic research center;...
- Scientific studies: How to handle the hype. Blonz, Ed // Vegetarian Times;Mar95, Issue 211, p82
Presents a discussion on how to handle health-related scientific studies. Hype from research due to popular media; Factors which works against accuracy; Steps in examining a study. INSET: How a study is born..
- FINDINGS. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Aug2000, Vol. 74 Issue 8, p69
Presents news briefs on medical researches in the United States (U.S.). Details on a study by the Center for Studying Health System Change regarding the influence of doctors on adults in the purchasing of medical insurance; Result of a study by the Interagency Forum in Child and Family...
- Regulators don't have clear intent on few issues: ISCR. // BioSpectrum;Oct2013, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p22
The article reports that the Indian Society for Clinical Research (ISCR) has expressed displeasure over regulatory initiatives that are being introduced without a consultative process.