- Too close for comfort? Stewart, Susan // Current Health 2;Dec92, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p4
Discusses the concept of personal space. Personal space defined by culture in the Arab countries, Japan, Europe and the United States; Work by sociologist Erving Goffman and anthropologist Edward T. Hall; Public, home and body territories; Hall's proxemics; Four zones for personal space called...
- Getting along in a country of many cultures. // Current Health 1;Sep90, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p14
Discusses getting along in a multicultural society. People treated differently because of sex, disability, age, race, religion, and economic status; Understanding others.
- Maracas mayhem in Port-au-Prince. Nordell, Roderick // Christian Science Monitor;2/15/95, Vol. 87 Issue 56, p17
Talks about the RaRa, a carnival-like celebration in Haiti. Description of the RaRa procession.
- City solace, and a wish fulfilled. Remmerde, Juniper // Christian Science Monitor;6/1/98, Vol. 90 Issue 129, p8
Relates the author's search for peace and quiet in Seattle, Washington. The solace people take from the city's piers; How the waterfront reminds the author of her life growing up on a ranch.
- Desert dynamo. Peterson, Scott // Christian Science Monitor;4/2/97, Vol. 89 Issue 88, p10
Presents information on the lavish lifestyles and consumer culture of persons in United Arab Emirates (UAE). Details of the spending habits in the UAE; Reference to UAE's celebrations to mark its quarter century of independence; Efforts by the government of UAE to put this place on the map. ...
- Kangri: Traditional, personalized central heating in the valley of Kashmir. Akhtar, Rais // Focus;Summer92, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p25
Offers a look at the traditional, personalized central heating called Kangri, used in the valley of Kashmir. History of the people and their economy; Background; Characteristics of the people; Information about Kangri; Earthenware bowl surrounded by a willow basket; Contains small quantities of...
- Make an African Dashiki. Johnson, Tim // Ladybug;May94, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p39
Presents an instruction on how to make an African Dashiki for children. Materials needed; Painting procedure; Sewing procedure.
- San Diego day by day. // Lesbian News;Mar97, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p63
Presents information on social events occurring in San Diego, California as relates to the gay and lesbian community, commencing March 1st, 1997. Outreach programs for lesbians and gays; Church services to be held; Counseling groups discussions; Times of these events.
- Best of Louisville. // Louisville Magazine;Jul98, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p32
Presents the best stores, restaurants, services and personalities in Louisville, Kentucky, chosen by readers of `Louisville' magazine for 1998. Asian restaurant; Favorite restaurant; Vegetarian meal; Bagels; Fish sandwich; Breads; Local chef; Local television news team; Local television sports...
- Montana: Not a movie. Chapple, S. // Mother Jones;Sep89, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p40
Recounts the author's humorous personal travel experiences in Montana. Reasons to visit Montana; People of Montana; Politics; Stereotypical Montanan men and women.