The buying game
- Are you ready for the purchasing card? Entenman, Collenn // Business Credit;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 97 Issue 10, p29
Presents guidelines and case studies to help business enterprises decide on whether or not to implement a purchasing card program. Advantages and disadvantages of purchasing cards; Difference between a purchasing card and a corporate card; Setting of purchasing authorization limits.
- In our own backyard. Van Melle, Ben J.H. // Fleet Owner;Nov99, Vol. 94 Issue 11, p112
Provides tips when purchasing trailers. Author's recommendation for trailers manufactured in the United States; Factors to be considers in purchasing trailers.
- Purchasing directory 2000. // Government Procurement;Dec99, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p15
Presents a directory of purchasing companies. Products section and vendors section.
- Developing Purchasing Association Services: Uganda's Experience. Kimbowa, Peter // International Trade Forum;2000, Issue 4, p19
Focuses on the approaches of the Procurement and Logistics Management Association of Uganda in developing purchasing association services. Challenges faced by the association; Implementation of training activities; Enhancement of its information services and products.
- Selection and certification of suppliers is detailed process. Lockwood, Henry // Caribbean Business;8/1/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 30, pS8
Reports on the role of the purchasing department in the attainment of a company's objectives. Improvement of operations while reducing costs; Vendor selection and certification process; Steps companies follow to certify vendors; Teamwork concept in industrial procurement.
- Establishing Ground Rules For Suppliers. Leenders, Michiel R. // Management Review;Nov66, Vol. 55 Issue 11, p72
Discusses the establishment of ground rules for suppliers. Development of small suppliers; Example of how a mutually profitable relationship was developed between a small supplier and a large company; Development of a large supplier.
- Questioning the RFP process. Wilson, Carol // America's Network;8/1/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 12, p39
Focuses on several issues in the purchasing process of the telecommunication carriers in the U.S. Criticisms on purchasing process of network operators; Steps in purchasing process; Features of softswitch technology. INSETS: Hedging their bets;Guilt Trip.
- Purchasers urged to take action as fraud cases rise. Haris, Colleen // Supply Management;8/7/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 16, p8
Cautions procurement professionals on the high incidence of fraud in the British supply sector in 2003. Successfully prosecuted fraud cases in the first half of the year; Comparison with 2002 figures; Amount lost to frauders.
- Yes to global procurement. // Supply Management;8/7/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 16, p9
Reports that nearly two-thirds of purchasers believe global procurement strategies work according to a 2003 online poll.