- Goal setting is overrated. Blanchard, Kenneth // Emergency Librarian;May/Jun96, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p34
Suggests that there is not much difference in the goals possessed by teacher librarians. Requirements for the creation of a successful library program; Most important facet of the goal setting process; Leadership role of teacher librarians in working with teachers.
- Ethical back talk. Gerhardt, L.N. // School Library Journal;Jan90, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p4
Editorial. Discusses the librarians' `Code of Ethics' adopted by the American Library Association and announces that an editorial series will begin in February that will focus on each point in the ethics code.
- The reference librarian comes asking. Gould, John // Christian Science Monitor;3/29/96, Vol. 88 Issue 86, p17
Offers a look at librarian Shirley Grunert. Personal history of Grunert.
- Corporate politics and the information professional. Jaillet, Helene F. // Online;Jul93, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p48
Gives advice to corporate librarians on the pros and cons of corporate politics. Corporations' view of information as a commodity; Information professional as a cost center; Merging the information center into the corporate poltical structure; Projecting the view that information centers are...
- Shattering the silence. // American Libraries;Feb1993, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p114
No abstract available.
- An opportunity, not an albatross. Lamb, A.; Johnson, L. // Book Report;Nov/Dec89, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p10
Discusses two major evaluation techniques to appraise the performance of school librarians. How a librarian can assist the process; Viewing evaluations as an opportunity to communicate with the administration and professional peers; Where to go for further information.
- Evaluation supplement: Adding a form just for librarians. Sylva, B. // Book Report;Nov/Dec89, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p14
Recommends the use of an evaluation supplement form for performance evaluation of a school librarian. Details of the form; Benefits; Sample.
- Job description and appraisal. Collins, J.A.D. // Book Report;Nov/Dec89, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p16
Offers a sample job description and evaluation form developed for school librarians.
- From first draft to first use--and beyond. Sivak, M.R.; Pfister, F.C. // Book Report;Nov/Dec89, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p19
Offers tips to school librarians on how to develop their own evaluation form .
- A serious matter. Glover, L.A. // Book Report;Nov/Dec89, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p20
Discusses the key components of an effective performance evaluation. Reflections on the author's personal experiences.