- Statements against Existence. Bourgeois, Louis // American Dissident;Jul2011, Issue 23, p29
The article reports on the statements that contradict the existence of God.
- Disclaimer barred. // Teacher Magazine;Oct97, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p12
Reports on United States District Judge Marcel Livaudais Junior's decision to bar Tangipahoa Parish school, Louisiana's requirement for teachers to read students a disclaimer before discussing evolution.
- Papal statement on evolution provokes clash with fundamentalists. // Church & State;Dec96, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p17
Highlights the reactions of the fundamentalists regarding Pope John Paul's II stand in the theory of evolution. Assessment of the Religious Right leaders; Consequence in the acceptance of the theory of evolution by the Catholic church.
- A habit of thinking in centuries can be dangerous to our health. Allen Jr., John L. // National Catholic Reporter;06/04/99, Vol. 35 Issue 31, p28
Editorial. Discusses a habit of `thinking in centuries' in the Vatican which means taking a long view of an issue or controversy. Description of the habit; Forms of the habit; How a mistaken view of time led Christian leaders into a serious omission.
- In the beginning was the bang. Price, Colin // New Scientist;5/7/94, Vol. 142 Issue 1924, p46
Focuses on the development of the theories explaining the origin of the Universe and its relationship to the religious dogma. Modern cosmology and religion; Science as the business of giving causes to effects; Universe beginning with singularity; Singularity and `creatio ex nihilo'; Universe as...
- Creationist Views Faulted For Poor Grasp of Science. . Skoog, Gerald // Education Week;4/27/1988, Vol. 7 Issue 31, p27
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Pressures' for Creationism to Be Resisted," by Tim Morrill in the February 10, 1988 issue.
- Middle Ground in the Creationism Debate? Camfield, Fred E. // Physics Today;Sep2005, Vol. 58 Issue 9, p17
Presents a letter to the editor in response to an article about creationism and evolution, published in the June 2005 issue of "Physics Today" journal.
- The unmoral prophets. Yancey, Philip // Christianity Today;10/05/98, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p76
States that evolutionary psychologists are becoming the prophets of society. Evolutionary psychology's explanation about human behavior and life; Flaws of the principles held by evolutionary psychologists.
- The Polarizing Effect of the Debate Over Origins. Gaudin, Felix A. // Education Week;4/21/1982, Vol. 1 Issue 30, p19
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the commentary about science through a religious framework and its correlation to random process of evolution, by Richard Bliss, published in the March 31, 1982 issue of the Journal.