Big step for South Africa
- Haitian lawmakers vote to allow dual nationality. // Hot Calaloo;Mar2011, p19
The article reports on the amendment of an article in the constitution of Haiti that would finally allow dual nationality for its citizens living abroad as of March 2011.
- Brits exclude main island from Turks and Caicos constitution talks. // Hot Calaloo;Jun2011, p3
The article reports that the government of Great Britain has decided not to set a meeting for resident of Providenciales involving the consultation about the proposed constitutional changes of Turks and Caicos.
- Managed care initiative stricken. Bradford, Michael // Business Insurance;02/02/98, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p31
States that a court ruling which keeps a proposed state constitutional amendment off the 1998 ballot is being praised by management care proponents. Information on the ruling made by the state supreme court; Comments from Steve Liner, Tallahassee, Florida-based southern manager for the Alliance...
- In the aftermath of Johnson and Eichman: The Constitution... Kmiec, Douglas W. // Brigham Young University Law Review;1990, Vol. 1990 Issue 2, p577
Illustrates the reason why it is unwise to amend the Constitution to correct the erroneous conclusions of the Johnson and Eichman majorities. Discussion of whether a constitutional flag protection statute might be drafted; conclusion that a viable statutory alternative may exit if the...
- Building in flexibility. Riggin, Margaret a. // CA Magazine;Jun/Jul97, Vol. 130 Issue 5, p32
Provides information on a technical amendment bill introduced on April 26, 1995 that proposes changes to the `stop loss' rules in Section 112 of the Income Tax Act. Financial information on fair market value (FMV). INSETS: Exhibit 1.;Exhibit 2.;Exhibit 3..
- Former AG Joins Battle Against Proposal 4. Sanchez, Mark // Grand Rapids Business Journal;9/23/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 38, p3
No abstract available.
- Monetary increases proposed for courts. LaFemina, Lorraine // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/16/95, Vol. 42 Issue 42, p1
Reports on the presentation of four proposals amending the New York State (NYS) Constitution to voters. Issues addressed in the proposals; Comments from Assemblyman James Conte; New York District Courts increases.
- Acquisition law. // Reporter;Dec97, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p16
States that the re-written Part 15 of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Contracting by Negotiation, culminated with the publication of the final rule (62FR 51224), on 30 September 1997. Effective date of the rule; Indication that the second rewrite generated more than 1,500 comments;...
- Washington elitists fear citizen involvement. Feder, Don // Human Events;01/02/98, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p9
Reports on the effects of a list of constitutional amendments considered by the US Congress on the Citizens for the Constitution. Fear of citizen involvement in amending the constitution; Pressure from the threat of amendments attacking the principles of the welfare state.