Is `The Crash' wishful thinking?
- No Recession Here. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;6/28/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31170, p35
Focuses on the Virginia Economic Forecast report that highlights possibility of a statewide recession in the year 2001-2002. Publisher of the report; Expected economic growth in Virginia for the year 2002 according to the report.
- 'Three percent solution' is shot in the arm that the economy needs. Davis, J. Morton // Hill;2/11/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 16, p28
The article focuses on the recession experienced by the U.S. which is conceived to be the worst of times with the continuous fall of housing prices and home foreclosures proliferate.
- Recession watch index. // Crain's Chicago Business;7/01/96, Vol. 12 Issue 27, pM-39
Presents a graph which tracks the probability of a recession during 12 month periods from 1987 to 1996.
- The case of the reluctant recovery. Cullison, William E. // Economic Review (00946893);Jul/Aug92, Vol. 78 Issue 4, p3
Focuses on the recessions and the recoveries that follow them. Variations; Total payroll employment; Characteristics of employment cycles; Supervisory workers and production workers; Structural changes; Evidence of downsizing and restructuring.
- The New York City recession. Brauer, David; Flaherty, Mark // Quarterly Review (01476580);Spring92, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p66
Examines the origins, scope and sectoral profile of the New York City recession. The scope of the recession; Industrial composition and employment growth; Effect of the city's continuing economic imbalances; Conclusions.
- A historical perspective on the 1989-92 slow growth period. Brauer, David // Quarterly Review (01476580);Summer93, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p1
Compares the 1990-91 recession and the surrounding period of sluggish growth with earlier recessionary episodes. Background on the 1990-91 recession; Extended slow growth period from 1989 to 1993; Salient features of the period; Effect of the output gap; Economic indicators.
- Recessionary gloom lingers as consumers stop spending. Barkey, Patrick // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/24/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p34
Forecasts a possible recession in the U.S. Decline in consumer spending; Overall weakness of the national economy; Fractious relationship with Europe; Rise in unemployment rate.
- Japan may lead financial downturns in 1998. P.N.D. // Solid State Technology;Mar98, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p28
Reports on Texas Instrument chief economist Vladi Catto's remarks at the 1998 Industry Strategy Symposium about the possibility of a recession in Japan. Countries or regions that might be pulled into recession by Japan; Negative impact of the debt crisis in South Korea on Japan.
- The UK personal and corporate sectors during the 1980s and 1990s: A comparison of key financial... Hoggarth, Glenn; Chrystal, Alec // Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin;Aug98, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p220
Examines several key financial indicators relating to the United Kingdom personal and corporate sectors in the 1980s and 1990s. Importance of the financial health of the personal and corporate sectors; Information on the recessions of the 1980s and 1990s; Differences and similarities between the...