Jerusalem: Victim or conqueror?
- Jerusalem: Bargains aplenty, but peace is still at a premium. Barr, Cameron W. // Christian Science Monitor;11/14/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 248, p10
Presents an account of a walk that the author took through the Old City of Jerusalem during a period of tension between Israeli Jews and Palestinian Arabs manifestations of which were witnessed by the author.
- Lovely Jerusalem is haunted by injustice. Gordon, Neve // National Catholic Reporter;04/25/97, Vol. 33 Issue 25, p17
Opinion. Reports on the injustices that occurred in Jerusalem. Death of Ab al-Samad Harizat in an Israeli detention center; Policy of Israel to surround the Palestinians off the Arab neighborhood; Absence of plans for housing the Palestinians.
- The day the gate was opened. // New Statesman & Society;12/20/91-12/27/91, Vol. 4 Issue 182/183, Supplement p42
Reprints an article by Edwin Samuel from the 1957 Christmas issue of `New Statesman.' Imagines what it would be like to be in Israel in 1967, ten years after the division of Jerusalem; Decision to open the Mandelbaum Gate between the two halves of the city for a week between Christmas and New...
- The Situation: A Day in the Life. Greniman, Deborah French // Tikkun;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p21
Presents an article about the risks faced by residents of Jerusalem due to the Palestinian intifada uprising. Details on the victims of terrorist attacks; Details on the burial of a terrorist victim; Fear of parents in Jerusalem.
- Old City Jerusalem. Battersby, John // Christian Science Monitor;5/8/95, Vol. 87 Issue 113, p10
Focuses on Jerusalem, a holy city for three religions, facing political and religious conflicts. Claims by Israel and Palestinian Arabs; Jerusalem's 3,000th anniversary in 1996.
- His Colt .38 Special. Motro, Helen Schary // Christian Science Monitor;1/9/2000, Vol. 93 Issue 31, p9
Presents the experiences of the author in carrying a firearm to a potentially dangerous event in Jerusalem.
- Scuds in the night. Klein, J. // New York;2/4/91, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p18
Recounts the life in Jerusalem after Iraq fired Scud missiles at Israel. Offers an inside look at the Israeli families who huddled in shelters that were draped in plastic, waiting out each attack.
- Jerusalem row brews. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;02/28/97, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p21
Reports that a planned Jewish settlement is being threatened by a political storm in East Jerusalem. Withdrawal of support from Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu; Condemnation of Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat.
- SHATTERED HOPE. Vilbig, Peter // New York Times Upfront;9/17/2001, Vol. 134 Issue 2, p16
Focuses on the socio-political condition and the source of conflict in Jerusalem. Conflict between Palestinian and Israelites; Increase of the rate of mortality caused by violence; Evaluation on the sources of conflict and violence. INSET: MIDEAST 101: THE ANATOMY OF A CONFLICT.