Medicaid restrictions on legal immigrants are a bad idea
- Beyond the organization: The influence of community and personal values on street-level... Weissert, Carol S. // Journal of Public Administration Research & Theory;Apr94, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p225
Focuses on intrastate differences in Medicaid spending in a state with centralized program and few local discretionary decisions. Description of the study method used; Michigan's Medicaid program; Understanding of participation; Organizational environment; Political setting and local preferences.
- HHS approves Medicaid waiver. Kostreski, Farah // AHA News;5/1/95, Vol. 31 Issue 18, p2
Reports on the approval by the federal Health and Human Services on April 24, 1995 of changes to Massachusetts' Medicaid program. Enrollment of recipients into managed care plans; Estimated annual savings; Concern regarding the plan's provision to use the state's uncompensated care pool to...
- Seeking answers to Medicaid's big questions. Davidson, Dick // AHA News;5/1/95, Vol. 31 Issue 18, p6
Presents a question-and-answer advisory regarding Medicaid. Proportion of Medicaid funds used for acute and long-term care needs of the elderly and disabled; Common beneficiaries of Medicaid coverage; Block grants.
- Hospitals and states must improve Medicaid outreach, survey finds. Weinstock, Matthew // AHA News;10/05/98, Vol. 34 Issue 39, p4
Offers information on the report `Survey of Hospital Medicaid Outreach Activities.' Comments from Molly Collins, American Hospital Association senior associate director of policy, on the study; Findings; Percentage of respondents who have disproportionate-share hospitals (DSH).
- Medicaid is Budget Buster in North Carolina. // Capitol Ideas;Jan/Feb2010, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p7
The article reports that North Carolina's Medicaid program has exceeded the state legislature's budget that was approved in the summer of 2009.
- State Medicaid savings plan delayed--again. Oloroso, Arsenio // Crain's Chicago Business;02/24/97, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p4
Presents information on Illinois's Medicaid program, focusing on the further delay in Governor Jim Edgar's bid to reform the program which was scheduled for August 1997. State officials' view on MediPlan Plus; Aims of the Edgar administration; Importance of controlling Medicaid to Illinois's...
- Some facts about Medicaid. // CPA Journal;Jul95, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p10
Provides information about Medicaid spending in the United States. Efforts of several states to control Medicaid costs; Number of separate programs under Medicaid; Finance allocation for Medicaid.
- Long-term care reform. Pattison, S. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Feb1992, Vol. 75 Issue 2, p40
Describes how in a joint effort with private insurers, insurance regulators in Connecticut have developed a plan that changes current requirements so people won't have to spend virtually all of their personal assets for long-term care in order toqualify for Medicaid. Costs.
- Illinois seeks Medicaid loan. // Drug Topics;5/5/2003, Vol. 147 Issue 9, p8
Reports on plans of the Illinois government to borrow money to pay overdue bills to Medicaid providers.
- Better fees but still no on-line system. // Drug Topics;8/2/93, Vol. 137 Issue 15, p5
Reports on the increase of Medicaid dispensing fees as of July 1, 1994 of Ohio pharmacist. First substantial increase since 1986; Request for an electronic claims management system for Medicaid; Study mandated by state legislature.