Medicare on autopilot and flying into a medical emergency
- Apology. // Management Services;Spring2011, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p6
A correction to the article "An Evaluation of Systems Thinking in the Care & Support of Older People" that was published in the winter 2010 issue is presented.
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Michigan Seeks Nominations for Claude Pepper Awards. // Aging News Alert;5/8/2009, p10
The article invites nominations for the Claude Pepper Award by the Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Michigan's Senior Advisory Council for the people working in the field of senior citizen advocacy.
- National Estimates of the Quantity and Cost of Informal Caregiving for the Elderly with Dementia*. Langa, Kenneth M.; Chernew, Michael E.; Kabeto, Mohammed U.; Regula Herzog, A.; Beth Ofstedal, Mary; Willis, Robert J.; Wallace, Robert B.; Mucha, Lisa M.; Straus, Walter L.; Fendrick, A. Mark // JGIM: Journal of General Internal Medicine;Nov2001, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p770
OBJECTIVE: Caring for the elderly with dementia imposes a substantial burden on family members and likely accounts for more than half of the total cost of dementia for those living in the community. However, most past estimates of this cost were derived from small, nonrepresentative samples. We...
- Brightening the days of nursing home residents. // Aging;1993, Issue 365, p49
Offers a list of activities to cheer nursing home residents. Videocassettes; Family photo albums; Walking; Games and crafts; Gift ideas; The problem of isolation among nursing home residents; More.
- Caring for Parents. // Business NH Magazine;Sep2003, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p50
Reports on elder caregiving in New Hampshire, focusing on family caregivers. Variety of tasks relating to caregiving; Extra responsibilities assumed by employed family caregivers; Impact on both the employee and the employer; Conflicts between work and caregiving responsibilities; Useful...
- Geriatric care managers stepping lively. Aron, Laurie Joan // Crain's New York Business;7/8/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 27, p10
Reports the growth in the demand for private geriatric care management. Offer of counseling for families in crisis over the burden and ethical considerations of caring for elderly relative; Amount earned by private practitioners; Rate for a geriatric care manager's time.
- Getting Started with CPA ElderCare Services. Lewis, George A. // CPA Journal;Feb2000, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p20
Deals with the involvement of certified public accountants (CPA) with older clients. Interest of small and medium sized CPA firms in CPA ElderCare Services; Contacts for potential clients; Level of involvement decision; Concern of many practitioners on ElderCare engagement; How to sell CPA...
- COORDINATED, COMPREHENSIVE COMMUNITY CARE AND THE OLDER AMERICANS ACT. Fortinsky, Richard H. // Generations;Summer/Fall91, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p39
Assesses the status of coordinated, comprehensive community care for the aged as of 1991. Approaches to studying service coordination; Barriers to understanding and achievement; Discussion over the possibility of achieving a truly coordinated and comprehensive community care for older Americans.
- Elder Care -- The Next Step In Work And Life Balance. Kelly, Beth // Grand Rapids Business Journal;6/24/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 25, p25
Focuses on challenges facing elder care in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Demographic age group; Challenges facing caregivers.
- Caring for an aging world. Callahan, Daniel; Topinkova, Eva // Hastings Center Report;Sep/Oct94, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p3
Introduces a series of articles by participants in an international project on resource allocation and the elderly organized by The Hastings Center and the Institute for Bioethics in Maastricht, the Netherlands. Representatives from eight countries; The five areas of concern, including the...