Medicare on autopilot and flying into a medical emergency
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Michigan Seeks Nominations for Claude Pepper Awards. // Aging News Alert;5/8/2009, p10
The article invites nominations for the Claude Pepper Award by the Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Michigan's Senior Advisory Council for the people working in the field of senior citizen advocacy.
- Brightening the days of nursing home residents. // Aging;1993, Issue 365, p49
Offers a list of activities to cheer nursing home residents. Videocassettes; Family photo albums; Walking; Games and crafts; Gift ideas; The problem of isolation among nursing home residents; More.
- Caring for Parents. // Business NH Magazine;Sep2003, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p50
Reports on elder caregiving in New Hampshire, focusing on family caregivers. Variety of tasks relating to caregiving; Extra responsibilities assumed by employed family caregivers; Impact on both the employee and the employer; Conflicts between work and caregiving responsibilities; Useful...
- Getting Started with CPA ElderCare Services. Lewis, George A. // CPA Journal;Feb2000, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p20
Deals with the involvement of certified public accountants (CPA) with older clients. Interest of small and medium sized CPA firms in CPA ElderCare Services; Contacts for potential clients; Level of involvement decision; Concern of many practitioners on ElderCare engagement; How to sell CPA...
- COORDINATED, COMPREHENSIVE COMMUNITY CARE AND THE OLDER AMERICANS ACT. Fortinsky, Richard H. // Generations;Summer/Fall91, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p39
Assesses the status of coordinated, comprehensive community care for the aged as of 1991. Approaches to studying service coordination; Barriers to understanding and achievement; Discussion over the possibility of achieving a truly coordinated and comprehensive community care for older Americans.
- Elder Care -- The Next Step In Work And Life Balance. Kelly, Beth // Grand Rapids Business Journal;6/24/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 25, p25
Focuses on challenges facing elder care in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Demographic age group; Challenges facing caregivers.
- Caring for an aging world. Callahan, Daniel; Topinkova, Eva // Hastings Center Report;Sep/Oct94, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p3
Introduces a series of articles by participants in an international project on resource allocation and the elderly organized by The Hastings Center and the Institute for Bioethics in Maastricht, the Netherlands. Representatives from eight countries; The five areas of concern, including the...
- How we treat the elderly. Hanson, Mark J. // Hastings Center Report;Sep/Oct94, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p4
Summarizes several country reports from the research project `Ethics and the Care of the Elderly.' The increase in the elderly population worldwide; The issue of their care; Long-term care; Quality of care; Home care; Social support and institution arrangements; The role of medical technology.
- Care for elders with chronic disease and disability. Topinkova, Eva // Hastings Center Report;Sep/Oct94, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p18
Deals with long-term care for the elderly affected by chronic disease and disability. Long-term care as a part of health care or a welfare problem; Medical and non-medical needs; The trend to `demedicalization'; The need to target and individualize services; Home care; Home health care;...
- Making the best of it: Themes of meaning among informal... Noonan, Anne E.; Tennstedt, Sharon L. // Journal of Aging Studies;Winter96, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p313
Interviews 48 informal caregivers of the elderly in the United States, to determine why many caregivers persevere in their roles despite the stress involved. General themes of caregivers; Complexity of caregivers; Information on the concept of caregiver meaning; Methodology and results of the...