Let Janet Cooke move on
- Allen H. Neuharth. Seigenthaler // Editor & Publisher;10/30/99 Supplement Centennial, Vol. 132 Issue 44, p22
Profiles `USA Today' founder Allen H. Neuharth. Personality; History of `USA Today'; Criticism on Neuharth's response to the `box top' crisis.
- Remembering Allen Neuharth, the newsman from South Dakota. GIAGO, TIM // Native American Times;4/26/2013, Vol. 19 Issue 16, p5
An obituary for Allen Neuharth, founder of the newspaper "USA Today," is presented.
- COMMUNICATIONS. // South Dakota Magazine;Jan/Feb2006, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p50
The article reports on journalist Al Neuharth who was honored at the Communications & Entertainment Exhibit of the South Dakota Hall of Fame in 2006. Neuharth founded the "USA Today" setting an example of a free-spirited person of South Dakota. Other individuals who exemplify the South Dakota...
- From Newspaper to "Usepaper": USA Today and Gannett's Challenge to Conventional Form. Brockus, Susan // Conference Papers -- National Communication Association;2008, p1
USA Today made its national debut in September of 1982 and today stands as the most widely read newspaper in the United States. Its staying power and ultimate financial success ushered in a new generation of technology, presentation, and writing style that have had a profound influence on the...
- How I recruited Rosalynn Carter to the Gannett board. // Directors & Boards;2013 3rd Quarter, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p51
The article offers the insights of Al Neuharth, founder of periodical "USA Today" which is published by Gannett Co., regarding the board of directors and his leadership at the publisher. Neuharth mentions that Gannett had 12 directors who are all male and all white when he became the chief...
- OPRAH AND MARTHA ARE TWO OF "USA TODAY'S" 25 MOST NOTEWORTHY IN BUSINESS. // Media Industry Newsletter;9/10/2007, Vol. 60 Issue 35, p10
The article reports that celebrity talk show host Oprah Winfrey and businesswoman Martha Stewart ranked 16th and 21st respectively in the 25 Most Noteworthy in Business listing of "USA Today." Also in the news, "USA Today" founder Al Neuharth and several journalists highlight nightly symposia at...
- Libel victory. // Quill;Sep93, Vol. 81 Issue 7, p15
Reports on newspaper USA Today's winning of libel lawsuits brought in Alabama federal courts by two racetrack investors. Basis of lawsuits; Correction of information.
- Good news is no news. Remnick, D. // Esquire;Oct87, Vol. 108 Issue 4, p156
No abstract available.
- USA Today Web site balances huge load. Eddy, Andy // Network World;07/20/98, Vol. 15 Issue 29, p34
Presents information on the Web site of the `USA Today' newspaper. Average number of people who visit the Web site daily; Information on the `USA Today'; Details BIG/ip2 load-balancing servers used by the company; Comments from Matt Maier, Internet services manager for USA Today Information...