GOP plan would save Medicare by cutting costs
- Back in the capital... // Ophthalmology Times;8/21/95, Vol. 20 Issue 32, p5
Reports on developments about Medicare-related issues under discussion at the United States Congress for the week ending August 21, 1995. Senator Judd Gregg's `choice care' proposal for Medicare; Views of Representative Bill Thomas on Medicare Select program; House Speaker Newt Gingrich's stand...
- Panel makeup is key for fix to Medicare. Serafini, Marilyn Werber // National Journal;9/06/97, Vol. 29 Issue 36, p1734
Focuses on the developments in the United States Congress as of September 6, 1997 on the cuts in Medicare. Creation of a commission tasked to make recommendations to Congress by March 1999 on the issues about Medicare; Necessity of the member's political understanding for the success of the...
- Medicare is warning doctors--and millions of elderly patients--that payments will be slashed next year unless Congress acts soon. // MondayMorning;12/24/2012, Vol. 20 Issue 49, p1
The article presents information on warning to doctors and elderly patients about the Medicare in the U.S., that their payments will be decrease in 2013 due to political impasse over deficits, taxes and spending, unless the U.S. Congress acts to regulate it.
- House, Senate reveal Medicare plans. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;10/5/95, Vol. 69 Issue 19, p17
Reports on House and Senate Republican proposals to revamp Medicare. Cash rebates for the elderly in the Senate plan; Increased annual patient deductibles; Authorized networks for doctors and hospitals.
- Make diagnosing fraud medicare's top priority. Criner, Lawrence // Insight on the News;08/04/97, Vol. 13 Issue 28, p28
Focuses on the United States Congress and their perennial task of trying to find an answer to their Medicare dilemma. Declaration by Robert Rubin, Treasury Secretary, at a press event on June 5 1996, pertaining to the Medicare Trust Fund; Statistical information on fiscal 1994; Circumstances...
- Congress under gun to revitalize ailing Medicare Trust Fund. Gatty, Bob // Dermatology Times;Feb97, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p1
Reports on the condition of the Medicare Trust Fund. Estimate financial loss in 1996; Bankruptcy forecast by 2001; Pressure on Congress to implement reform policies; Role of dermatologists in the development of treatment course for Medicare; Proposal to limit gag clauses; Creation of antifraud...
- Academy issues urgent call to action for membership. Medeiros, Susanne // Ophthalmology Times;1/1/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p36
Reports on the plan of the U.S. Congress to halt the cut in Medicare reimbursement. Delay in the cut by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services; Web site of the American Academy of Ophthalmology; Impact of the cut on the elderly.
- Political parties launch Medicare-reform offensives. Kostreski, Farah // AHA News;9/25/95, Vol. 31 Issue 39, p1
Reports on US Congressional debates related to Medicare reform. Republican legislators' release of a 60-page framework of their plan to revolutionize the Medicare program; Disruption of the Ways and Means hearing; Contents of the Republican plan.
- What will the future (of Medicare commission) bring? Scott, Jeanne Schulte // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);May98, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p28
Focuses on US Congress' creation of a National Bipartisan Commission on the Future of Medicare to study the problems of Medicare in the United States. Passage of the Balanced Budget Act of 1997 on the US Congress; Division of the commission into three task force; Potential solutions that the...