Remembering a man bubbling over with ideas
- Triangles and spheres. // Scholastic SuperScience;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p6
Features a geodesic dome-shaped house made up of triangles and spheres invented by architect R. Buckminster Fuller. Reason for use of triangle and spheres.
- Super soot. Bortz, Fred // Odyssey;Jan97, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p19
Provides information on buckminsterfullerenes. Composition of the material; Arrangement of carbon atoms in the molecule that resembles the design of a soccer ball; Building of geodesic dome structures by architect R. Buckminster Fuller based on the carbon arrangement.
- Buckminster Fuller Stamp Issued July 12. // Mekeel's & Stamps Magazine;7/23/2004, Vol. 195 Issue 4, p8
Focuses on the commemorative stamp issued by the U.S. Postal Service on July 12, 2004 in honor of R. Buckminster Fuller, inventor of the geodesic dome.
- The magnificent guinea pig. Baldwin, J.; Vara, Jon // Yankee;Oct95, Vol. 59 Issue 10, p24
Features Buckminster Fuller, inventor of the geodesic dome. Background on Fuller's education; Account of Fuller's archives at the Buckminster Fuller Institute in Santa Barbara, California.
- Dymaxion world of fuller. Pinther, Miklos // Mekeel's & Stamps Magazine;05/02/97, Vol. 180 Issue 18, p9
Profiles Richard Buckminster Fuller, America's `comprehensive thinker'of the century, who died on July 1 of 1983. His interest in cartography; Patent for his dymaxion map; Fuller's Dymaxion World.
- The Mind Behind the Dome. Scanlon, Matt // Mother Earth News;Jun/Jul99, Issue 174, p68
Profiles inventor Buckminster Fuller. Family life; Development of geodesic domes; Quotes from Fuller; Honorary degrees and awards.
- Happy birthday, Bucky! Wagschal, Peter H. // Futurist;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p68
Reports on the 100th birth anniversary of design scientist R. Buckminster Fuller. Memories of Fuller's work notably his insights on the notion of synergy; Confidence in humanity's ability to understand the natural world; Transformation of life through the information highway. INSET: Bucky's...
- R. BUCKMINSTER FULLER 1895-1983. // Humanist;Sep/Oct1983, Vol. 43 Issue 5, p42
Presents an obituary for R. Buckminster Fuller, member of the editorial board of "The Humanist."
- Fuller so well read. // Building Design;11/7/2008, Issue 1843, p28
A photograph of Buckminster Fuller and former "Building Design" editor Clem Shepherd is presented.