Catholics, Muslims suffer in Banja Luka
- Muslim and European. Nielsen, Jorge // UNESCO Sources;Mar2000, Issue 121, p12
Focuses on the Muslim communities that live in Europe. Demand for recognition as citizens; Rediscovering of heritage; Phases of Muslim settlement; Political awareness and social links. INSET: Promoting understanding.
- Killings in Kashmir. Gunderson, Tom // Harvard International Review;Spring96, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p52
Examines the prospects for a Pakistani Muslim rebellion in Kashmir, India as the Hindu-Muslim conflict continues to show no signs of abating. Consequence of the destruction of the shrine of Kashmir's patron saint Sheik Nooruddin Wali; History of the conflict; Failure of the Indian government's...
- Muslims exit Serbia in `soft' ethnic cleansing. Kim, Lucian // Christian Science Monitor;10/15/97, Vol. 89 Issue 224, p6
Reports that Muslims in the Sanjak region of Serbia are leaving the region because of fear of discrimination. Percentage of the Muslim population that has left; Where they are going; Comments from Rasim Ljajic, a local Muslim politician who preaches tolerance; What the region was like before...
- Pakistan churches tense; relief groups strapped. // Christian Century;10/17/2001, Vol. 118 Issue 28, p11
Reports on the fear of Christians in Pakistan from Muslims who are angry with the United States against the ruling Taliban Movement in Afghanistan. Christian population in Pakistan; Tense relation between Christians and Muslims; Similar feeling of international aid workers.
- Notes on church-state affairs: Philippines. Hendon, David W.; Kennedy, James M. // Journal of Church & State;Spring97, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p385
Reports on the continued conflict between the government and Muslim rebel forces in the southern Philippines in January 1997.
- A split of spoils. Walsh, James; Stiglmayer, Alexandra // Time International (South Pacific Edition);05/09/97, Issue 20, p36
Reports on the consideration of Bosnian Muslims of creating a ministate as they see the results of the Dayton peace agreement failing. The forecast for Muslims living among the Serbs as problematic; The hardships Muslims have dealt with living in Bosnia; The Serb and Croat resistance to the...
- 'A blast of hell' Guthrie, Stan; Minchakpu, Obed // Christianity Today;10/7/2002, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p28
Discusses the conflicts between Christians and Muslims in the Plateau state in Nigeria. Statistics on the casualties and people affected by the conflict; Reason for the conflicts; Efforts to resolve the conflicts.
- Multiethnic? Not really. Soloway, Colin; English, Carey W. // U.S. News & World Report;11/10/97, Vol. 123 Issue 18, p68
Reports on the Muslim nationalist party in Bosnia and their treatment of non-Muslims. Claims during the Bosnian war that Sarajevo was fighting to preserve multiethnicity; Reasons, given by the government, for why non-Muslims are not being allowed into Sarajevo.
- Death toll rises in religious clashes. // National Catholic Reporter;9/28/2001, Vol. 37 Issue 41, p11
Reports on the religious and ethnic clashes in Jos, Nigeria. Number of deaths and injured from the incidents; Violence between Christian and Muslims.