RECOGNIZING AND REWARDING NURSE PRECEPTORS in Critical Care
- Developing a Preceptorship Programme for Newly Qualified Occupational Therapists: Action Research. Morley, Mary // British Journal of Occupational Therapy;Aug2007, Vol. 70 Issue 8, p330
This action research study used three focus groups and one interview to explore the experiences of five recently qualified occupational therapists, four supervisors and five occupational therapy managers. The participants were asked to identify the perceived development needs of new...
- Development of an ICU Preceptor Program Based on the AACN Synergy Model for Patient Care. S., Welch; C., Austin // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2008, Vol. 28 Issue 2, pe6
An abstract of the article "Development of an ICU Preceptor Program Based on the AACN Synergy Model for Patient Care," by S. Welch and C. Austin is presented.
- Reflecting on trauma. Baldock, Lynn // Nursing Standard;6/10/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 40, p61
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of attending a preceptorship which was concerned with the management of post traumatic stress syndrome.
- Preceptorship: Shaping the Art of Nursing Through Practical Wisdom. Myrick, Florence; Yonge, Olive; Billay, Diane B.; Luhanga, Florence L. // Journal of Nursing Education;Mar2011, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p134
With so much emphasis having been focused on the development of nursing science and most recently on evidence- based practice, little attention has been directed toward the art of nursing or the practical wisdom that constitutes the spirit of that art. Practical wisdom is the performance of...
- Why we work side by side with student nurses. Swayne, Margaret // RN;Aug86, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p44
Describes how an experienced nurse helps a nursing student about hospital nursing through preceptorship program. Advice on improving nursing skills; Importance of preceptorship to a nursing program.
- Evelyn S. tries teaching. // RN;Jul77, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p12
Examines the case of a nurse appointed as a preceptor for nursing students assigned to her rural hospital. Evaluation of the nurse's performance as a teacher; Legal responsibility of the nurse for the nursing procedures performed by the students.
- How to turn a student or a colleague. Lee, Shannon // RN;Sep88, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p20
Provides information on nursing preceptorship education. Determination of the tasks that nursing students are permitted to do; Importance of building learning opportunities for nursing students; Discussion of problems or complaints.
- Better nursing care through preceptorships. Maraldo, Pamela J. // RN;Mar77, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p69
Focuses on preceptorship programs in the field of nursing. Factor that contributed to the growing interest on preceptorship programs; Concept of the preceptorship programs; Advantages of the programs.
- How Nurse Preceptors Influence New Graduates. Pearson, Julie // Critical Care Nurse;Feb2003 Supplement, Vol. 23, p26
Discusses the status of employment in the nursing arena and the influence of nurse preceptors on nursing graduates. Shortage in the nursing profession; Factors that affect retention of nurses; Steps significant in the orientation process of nursing graduates.