Executive pay under fire
- Checking out the CEO. Penson, Peta G. // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;04/13/98, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p5
Enumerates the questions that should be raised to determine if a chief executive officer (CEO) is in need of a performance appraisal. Ineffective management programs; Placing the blame on subordinates for problems or mistakes; Use of several consultants; Turnover of top employees; View of...
- How does a CEO get a report card? Liebermann, Thomas R. // Industry Week/IW;1/22/96, Vol. 245 Issue 2, p29
Discusses a framework for the evaluation of chief executive officers (CEOs). Determination of performance through the use of an economic value creation (EVC) grading system; Description of scales, parameters and measurements used in the grading system; Responsibilities of CEOs.
- Outside observations. Marino, Sal // Industry Week/IW;05/19/97, Vol. 246 Issue 10, p18
No abstract available.
- Directorship DataBank dividends. // NACD Directorship;Feb96, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p13
Presents statistical information on the responsibilities of how Chief Executive Officers (CEO) and Chairman roles are combined. Details on CEO, Chairman combined roles.
- Highest paid CEOs. Falacienski, Laura // Crain's Cleveland Business;12/25/95 Top Business Lists 1996, Vol. 16 Issue 52, p16
Presents a listing of the highest paid chief executive officers in Cleveland, Ohio raked by cash compensation during 1995.
- CEO performance comes under scrutiny of corporate boards, survey concludes. // Fairfield County Business Journal;9/23/96, Vol. 35 Issue 39, p4
Presents the results of the 23rd Annual Board of Directors Study. Development of a process for evaluating performances of chief executive officers; Effectiveness of oral evaluation; Decline in restrictions for other positions.
- Top compensated CEOs. // Crain's Detroit Business;8/28/95, Vol. 11 Issue 35, p28
Presents a list of 50 top compensated CEOs of various companies ranked by compensation as of 1994.
- Evaluating the top brass: A primer. Tetzeli, Rick // Fortune;8/8/1994, Vol. 130 Issue 3, p13
Discusses current evaluation techniques that are being employed to judge a CEO's fitness to serve in his position. Outrages that have erupted in the past over excessive CEO pay rates; The National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD).
- Scrutiny intensifies in determining CEO pay. Bonvissuto, Kimberly // Crain's Cleveland Business;1/27/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p19
Reports on increasing strictness in the assessment of chief executive officers (CEO) and deciding their compensation. Arguments presented for evaluating the performance of managers; Areas that are focused by Cleveland, Ohio-based organization consultant Timothy J. Tress in conducting CEO...