Introduction: North Pacific Rim Culture(s) Approaching the Millennium
- Jock Rides Again! // Credit Management;Mar2003, p34
Relates an author's experience in visiting his native Scotland. Harsh weather conditions in Scotland; True Scottish hospitality experienced by the writer.
- Where Is Your Home? Yuksel, Feyza; Cai, Alice // Skipping Stones;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p6
Presents views of author on home. Homes of the author in Istanbul, Turkey and Warsaw, Poland; Nationality of the author; Importance of his native land for a person.
- Contemporary Soviet authors. // Commentary;Jul85, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p36
Contemporary Soviet authors offer a more comprehensive view of the state of culture and creative life in the Soviet Union than has been available to Westerners since the early 60s. The author discusses the works of authors born between 1925 and1933; sons of revolutionaries, they had started...
- 5 young literary lions. Gardner Jr., R. // Cosmopolitan;Mar1990, Vol. 208 Issue 3, p214
Profiles five young male writers: Mark Salzman author of `Iron and Silk'; Ethan Canin wrote `Emperor of the Air'; John Burnham Schwartz, author of `Bicycle Days'; Bret Easton Ellis who wrote `Less Than Zero'; Jay McInerney, author of `Bright Lights, Big City.'
- The making of a best-seller. Anthony, C. // Cosmopolitan;Jul90, Vol. 209 Issue 1, p188
Offers information on how some authors get to the top of the bestseller list. Features writers Judith Krantz, Amy Tan and others. List of 1989 fiction bestsellers.
- A world of work, a world of interruptions fill with snow. Remmerde, Jon // Christian Science Monitor;1/23/97, Vol. 89 Issue 40, p17
Focuses on the experiences of a writer, and the realization that interruptions from writing make up the actual substance of a writer's life. View that there would be nothing to write about if there were no interruptions.
- COVER. Coleman, Denise Youngblood // Latvia Country Review;2007, p1
People that the author would like to thank for their assistance in the creation of the book "2007 Country Review--Latvia" are mentioned.
- COVER. Coleman, Denise Youngblood // Lebanon Country Review;2007, p1
People that the author would like to thank for their assistance in the creation of the book "2007 Country Review--Lebanon" are mentioned.
- Graceful passages. // Essence (Essence);May90, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p130
Presents brief essays by 11 black women writers on the changes in their lives and in the world over the past 20 years, and what they have learned in that time. Some of the writers included are Lucille Clifton, Bebe Moore Campbell, and Gloria Naylor.
- Here are the winners of the `tell me a story...' celebration. Jones, M.T.; Shope, K.A. // Good Housekeeping;Jun90, Vol. 210 Issue 6, p138
Presents three winning stories by children form the IBM/ `Good Housekeeping' `Tell Me A Story' celebration.