Marian's bold act is inspirational Med school born of perseverance
- Medical manpower research. Grey-Turner, E. // British Medical Journal;7/16/1977, Vol. 2 Issue 6080, p208
Provides the response of the Chief Medical Officer on the recommendation to set up a committee to undertake fact finding inquiry into the needs for medical manpower in Great Britain. Consequences for the expansion of medical school; Difficulty of estimating the need for medical manpower;...
- Medical manpower. // British Medical Journal;2/19/1977, Vol. 1 Issue 6059, p465
Analyzes the medical manpower situation in Great Britain. Shortage of junior doctors in peripheral hospitals; Proposal to reduce the size of general practitioners' lists; Lack of training places for doctors in medical schools; Disappearance of opportunities for practice abroad; Factors...
- The art of medical training. Carlowe, Jo // GP: General Practitioner;7/1/2002, p26
Focuses on the approach of Saint George's Hospital Medical School in providing medical training in London, England. Acknowledgment of medical schools on the shortfall of medical personnel; Graduate entry program launched by the school; Description of the program structure.
- the school list. // Indianapolis Monthly;Feb2012, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p84
The article lists several public and private schools, colleges and universities in Indiana based on the information from Indiana Department of Education including Shelby Easter Schools, Andrew Academy and Bishop Chatard High School.
- VINCENNES UNIVERSITY. // Indianapolis Monthly;Aug2015, Vol. 38 Issue 12, Special section p38
The article offers information on the Earlham College in Richmond, Indiana, which has been recognized internationally for its commitment to undergraduate teaching and mentoring excellence.
- Know Thy Physician. P., Shankar // njbiz;4/7/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p13
The article focuses on a number of physicians in New Jersey who graduated in foreign medical schools. In the 2007 State Physician Workforce Data Book that was published by the Association of American Medical Colleges, nearly 40% of the 25,080 active physicians in New Jersey were products of...
- Medical help costs more than practices budget for. Reed, Vita // Las Vegas Business Press;01/18/99, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p11
Presents news items pertaining to health care in Nevada for the week of January 18, 1999. Includes the results of a survey on Las Vegas medical office salaries; Debt incurred by the University of Nevada School of Medicine; Employers Insurance Company of Nevada's introduction of a claims...
- Pink-Collar Medicine: Women and the Future of Medicine. Heru, Alison M. // Gender Issues;Winter2005, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p20
The number of women in medicine is increasing. There is evidence that women practice in different ways than men; are interested in different aspects of medicine; work fewer hours; and receive less pay for equivalent hours than men. Women are also less likely to be represented in the higher...
- Clinical standards group given the go ahead. Beecham, Linda // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);5/26/90, Vol. 300 Issue 6736, p1358
Reports the proposal of a statutory multidisciplinary clinical standards advisory group in Great Britain. Reference to the agreement between the Secretary of State and representatives of medical and nursing colleges; Amendments made to National Health Service and Community Care Bill; Provision...