Where Does the Anti-Drug Money Come From?
- Drug Enforcement Economics. Schnepper, Jeff A. // USA Today Magazine;Mar90, Vol. 118 Issue 2538, p71
Explores President George Bush's proposed spending to reduce the demand for, and supply of, illegal substances. Highlights of the proposals; Profits generated by the global market in illegal drugs; Steps in reclaiming the streets from their crack controllers.
- Uncle Sam Gets Serious. Anderson, Charles-Edward // ABA Journal;Feb90, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p62
Focuses on federal government's war on drugs in the United States. Freeze on money hoarded by Colombian drug lord Jose Gonzalo Rodriquez; U.S. President George Bush's plan to travel to Colombia for a drug crisis summit with President Virgilio Barco Vargas; Series of major drug kingpin...
- President Sound Battle Cry for a National War on Drugs. // Education Week;9/13/1989, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p19
An excerpt from the speech of U.S. President George Bush that focus on his plan for increased drug treatment and education.
- Drug-Reform Veto Surprises Activists; Some Criticize It. Harding, Rick // Advocate;12/18/90, Issue 566, p28
Comments on the decision of U.S. President George Bush in 1990 to veto the bill that could have forced pharmaceutical makers to reduce the prices of some AIDS drugs. Proposed change in federal regulations on orphan drugs; Features of the replacement bill; Reactions of AIDS to the veto.
- Drug Schooling--Drug Enforcement Administration--United States v. Spain. // American Journal of Law & Medicine;1986, Vol. 12 Issue 3/4, p492
Examines the decision of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit on a case which determined whether to reverse a defendant's conviction for possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute. Emphasis given on the fact that the Drug Enforcement Administration did not have...
- Like prohibition, the drug war has failed. Cohen, Burt // New Hampshire Business Review;4/20/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p26
In this article, the author discusses about the failure of the U.S. drug law enforcement operations and suggests that new approach is required for ending the drug trafficking.
- In This Issue. Bartel, Richard D. // Challenge (05775132);Jul/Aug90, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p2
The article presents information on the 1990 U.S. budget. U.S. President George Bush has broken Washington's long deadlock over the budget and focused light on the real fiscal problems they face. The President has injected new life into budget talks between U.S. Congress and the White House, set...
- Et cetera. // Commonweal;8/10/90, Vol. 117 Issue 14, p439
Comments on United States President George Bush's reversal on his stand against taxes. Media's response; Republican and Democratic views on the issue.
- The Quadrennial Fear Of Ideas. Casse, Daniel // Policy Review;Aug/Sep99, Issue 96, p21
Focuses on the policy and strategies used in presidential campaigns in the United States. Discussion on the mechanics of a national political campaign; Relevance of policy proposals in election campaign; Overview of former President George Bush's re-election campaign; Arguments on tax cut.