- What's Ahead for Flex Circuits? Fjelstad, Joe // CircuiTree;Feb2009, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p19
The article looks at the future of the flexible circuit industry. According to the author, technological vector of flexible circuit technology will be at least somewhat similar to what it is at present. Futurist Ken Gilleo says that the flex circuit has technological roots dating back to 1903....
- The Tech Evangelist. // PC FAB;Jul2001, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p52
Profiles technologist and electronic manufacturing industry executive Ken Gilleo. His educational and professional background; Importance of integrity in earning respect from colleagues.
- REFLECTIONS: A SHOW IS BORN. Waddell, Pete // Printed Circuit Design & Manufacture;Mar2006, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p8
Reflects on the history of the PCB Design Conferences which is celebrating its 15th anniversary. Conceptualization of the first trade show in 1991; Controversy in the first trade show; Recollections of memorable situations from the first show.
- The IPC at 50. Bigelow, Peter // Printed Circuit Design & Manufacture;Apr2007, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p14
The article focuses on the 50th anniversary dinner of the Institute for Printed Circuits (IPC) held during the IPC Expo/Apex/Designers Summit in Los Angeles, California. Some of the topics that were discussed include the need for developing product standards and the evolution of the industry....
- IMAPS Inaugurates 2004 Executive Council. // Circuits Assembly;Feb2004, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p16
This article reports that Phillip J. Zulueta recently took office as the 2004 president of the International Microelectronics and Packaging Society (IMAPS) North America. For the past year, Zulueta has served as president-elect and chair of the Member Benefits Task Force that is responsible for...
- Free Problem Solving Book Available. // CircuiTree;Aug2007, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p41
The article presents information on the book "The Day Niagara Falls Turned Green," by Ken Gilleo. The book features case histories related to industrial problems. Some of the mysteries in the book have been solved but there are few left for readers to unravel. The final chapter of the book...
- A Game of Chance? Hardly. Shaughnessy, Andy // Printed Circuit Design & Manufacture;Feb2005, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p4
Focuses on discoveries and inventions that happened purely by chance. Celebration of the anniversary of scientist Albert Einstein's annus mirabilis or miracle year; Discovery of Teflon by doctor Roy Plunkett; Advances in the printed circuit board industry as of February 2005.
- APEX Commemorates 50 Years of IPC. // Advanced Packaging;Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p13
The article reports that IPC Printed Circuits Expo/APEX/Designers Summit will be hosting the 50th anniversary celebration of the IPC Association Connecting Electronic Industries as well as other celebratory and informative events on February 18-22. 2007 in Los Angeles, California. In recognition...
- CPCA: 'Neither Participate, Nor Support' Outsiders' Shows. // PC FAB;Oct2002, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p6
Reports that the China Printed Circuit Association has issued public statements to clarify its position on the increasingly bold activities of the World Electronic Circuit Council in China.