Textbook descriptions of disease--where's the beef?
- Current Medical Diagnosis and Treatment 2012 (51st ed.). // Lamp;Dec2012/Jan2013, Vol. 69 Issue 11, p41
No abstract available.
- ABC of HIV and AIDS (6th edn). Foley, Elizabeth // British Journal of Hospital Medicine (17508460);Aug2012, Vol. 73 Issue 8, p477
The article reviews the 6th edition of the book "ABC of HIV and AIDS," edited by Michael W. Adler, Simon G. Edwards and Robert F. Miller amongst others.
- Instructional materials for diverse learners. Tyree, Rhonda Beach; Fiore, Thomas A. // Remedial & Special Education;Nov94, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p363
Suggests features and considerations for the design of an ideal textbook. Accommodation of diverse learners; Text characteristics; Audience appropriateness; Features that enhance interest; Text organization; Dominance of important context.
- Behind the lines. Curtis, G. // Texas Monthly;Oct88, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p5
Opinion. Discusses the differences and similarities in textbooks of the early 1900s and today.
- Buy the book. Diegmueller, Karen // Education Week;10/25/95, Vol. 15 Issue 8, Book Smart p3
Reports on the American textbook publishing industry. Responding to educational trends instead of creating them; Dominant place of the textbook in education; Reliance of industry on market research, teacher focus groups, advisory committees and questionnaires; Foreseeing the kinds of products...
- School texts: the outlook of teachers. Rogers, V. // Education Digest;Jan1989, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p24
Vincent Rogers discusses the results of a survey that indicates a discrepancy between teachers' opinions and those of critics concerning textbooks. Recommends seeking the opinions of teachers.
- Elementary history books. Tice, Terrence N. // Education Digest;Oct93, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p49
Looks at findings reported in a `Comparison of Elementary Students' History Textbooks and Trade Books,' by Donald J. Richgels, Carl M. Tomlinson, and Michael O. Tunnell, in the January/February 1993 issue of `Journal of Educational Research.' Sentence structure; Coherence; More.
- U.S. history texts. Tice, Terrence N. // Education Digest;Oct93, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p49
Focuses on an analysis of children's history textbooks by Jimmie H. Hooper and Ben A. Smith published in the January 1993 issue of `Social Education.' `Children's U.S. History Textbooks: 1787-1865'; Details.
- Don't know much about history. // Consumer Comments;May/Jun92, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p4
Reveals that ten textbooks that were being considered by the Texas Board of Education were found to have 231 errors. Examples of errors; Many of these books have been sold in the U.S. reports 'The Wall Street Journal'.