- Ford has big plans for small vehicles in North America. Wilson, Amy // Automotive News;7/14/2008, Vol. 82 Issue 6316, p28
The article reports on Ford Motor Co.'s business plan for launching small vehicles in North America. It is expected to produce the Focus model augmented by other small vehicles in two plants, the Wayne factory and a plant in Louisville. Ford has announced plans to assemble subcompacts at a plant...
- Manifolds get new route. // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Feb98, Vol. 110 Issue 2, p42
Focuses on the assembling machine developed by Evana Automotive Specialists. Integration of module into the line;Pilot communication system of the cell; Movement of manifold through the pallet shuttles.
- Automated assembly market to reach $4.5 billion by 2002. // Control Engineering;Jan98, Vol. 45 Issue 1, p3
Forecasts an increase in demand for automated assembly systems and related subsystems in North America through 2002, according to a market study by Advanced Technology Advisors entitled `North American Market Demand for Automated Assembly Systems.' Manufacturing sectors that are expected to...
- Lean machines shrink the assembly line. Lewis, John // Design News;8/11/97, Vol. 53 Issue 15, p96
Presents information on the design of assembly systems. Information on systems with learner structures and tooling that integrate with PC and serial I/O technology; Comments from Ken Moore, plant manager at Chrysler Corporation; How maintenance and downtime can be reduced. INSET: 5 rules of...
- Assembly-by-forming rates double. // Automotive Production;Mar1996, Vol. 108 Issue 3, p20
Discusses about the Injected Metal Assembly (IMA) systems developed by the Fisher Gauge Limited. How the IMA systems work; How the IMA technology eliminates machining and finishing operations.
- Indexing rotary table is a pressing business. // Design Engineering;Feb99, p47
Features P.J. Hare's rotary table press used to assemble bearing cages. Index time of the machine; Difference from standard presses; Key specifications.
- Innovations. // Appliance Manufacturer;Jul96, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p72
Presents metal-working and assembling machines from several manufacturers. Includes ball bearing bushing die sets; Compact in-die tapping system; Hydraulic single-column drawing press.
- Better Ways to Find Stress in Assemblies. Wallander, Ben // Machine Design;09/09/99, Vol. 71 Issue 17, p70
Discusses the different proven methods of assembly analysis, one of the most complex techniques for predicting how multicomponent structures will perform. Common-mesh technique; Node-to-node assembly analysis technique; Node-to-surface technique; Surface-to-surface technique. INSET: Guidelines...
- Fastening & assembly. // Wood & Wood Products;Aug96, Vol. 101 Issue 9, p201
Features several fastening and assembly equipment and supplies. Screws, nuts and blots; Dowels; Inserts; Clamps. INSET: IWF '96 challengers award entries..