Ships, cars &...`something.'
- Surface Navy Association. // All Hands;Nov94, Issue 931, p3
Features the Surface Navy Association (SNA), an organization of the United States Navy with enlisted, officer and civilian members. Participation of SNA members in 15 chapters worldwide; Goals and functions of the organization; `Sitrep' as the association's official publication.
- On 'Ghosts of Shipyards Past.'. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);2/21/2011, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p10
The article features the view that the U.S. cannot compete with China on shipbuilding in 2011, and also needs to remain competitive in its port infrastructure development to avoid problems in that area.
- Boat and Ship Building and Repair. // Boat & Ship Building & Repair Industry Yearbook;2001/2002, pN.PAG
Presents analyses, statistics and forecasts for the Boat and Ship Building and Repair Industry for 2000-2001
- Shipbuilders target younger faces for work force. Depp, Michael // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);05/25/98, Vol. 18 Issue 47, p3A
Discusses various initiatives designed to curb the growing labor need in the shipbuilding industry in Louisiana. Retraining of displaced workers with help from a nine million dollar allotment from the US Department of Labor; Training of welder fitters through a three-year-old quick start program.
- Ships ahoy! Beck, Bill // Metal Center News;Jun98, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p38
Looks at the factors which may be of benefit to the shipbuilding industry in the United States. Details on deep-sea oil exploration; Problems being encountered in the market for plate mills and metals service centers; Requirements for building ships; Comments from Kent Ties, plate product...
- Shipbuilders stay afloat. Plume, Janet // Traffic World;06/16/97, Vol. 250 Issue 11, p42
Reports on developments related to shipbuilding industry in the United States as of June 16, 1997. Industry's ability to survive despite decline in US Navy orders; Details of the US Maritime Administration's report on the industry.
- GERMANY SHIPBUILDING. // Acquisdata Industry SnapShot: Germany - Shipbuilding;10/31/2014, Issue 2056, preceding p1
The article focuses on the economic condition of the shipbuilding industry in Germany in 2014.
- GERMANY SHIPBUILDING. // Acquisdata Industry SnapShot: Germany - Shipbuilding;9/9/2015, Issue 3374, preceding p1
An industry report of the shipbuilding industry in Germany is presented from publisher Acquisdata Pty Ltd, with topics including latest researches, news and leading companies of the industry.
- U.S. loan guarantees, end of foreign subsidies help shipbuilding on Gulf of Mexico rebound. James, Robert P. // Traffic World;9/12/94, Vol. 239 Issue 11, p22
Reports on the effects of government loan guarantees on the shipbuilding industry in the Gulf of Mexico. Phase-out of subsidies; Shipbuilding contracts from the US Maritime Administration; Opening of government programs to foreign financing.