The real world
- The Japanese Automobile Industry: Technology and Management at Nissan and Toyota (Book). Karsh, Bernard // Industrial & Labor Relations Review;Oct87, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p159
Reviews the book "The Japanese Automobile Industry: Technology and Management at Nissan and Toyota," by Michael A. Cusumano.
- Do Your Messages Trigger `Emotional Opposotion'? Pollock, Ted // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Oct99, Vol. 111 Issue 10, p10
Focuses on a management technique in the automobile industry. Two main reasons people reject what others tell them; Reasons some messages create resentment; Rules to reduce emotional opposition on messages.
- Prevent Foul-ups with Follow-up. Pollock, Ted // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Oct99, Vol. 111 Issue 10, p13
Stresses the importance of follow-up for effective managers particularly in the automobile industry. Reason good managers follows up progress; Difference of routine and larger jobs for managers; Purpose of follow-ups.
- Agility. Vasilash, Gary S. // Automotive Design & Production;Mar2002, Vol. 114 Issue 3, p8
Features information on author Rick Dove and his book 'Response Ability: The Language, Structure and Culture of the Agile Enterprise.' Significance of agility to a company; Two aspects of agility; Application of Dove's philosophy in the automobile industry.
- Learning to be a Leader. Ray, Don // Ward's Dealer Business;Jul2004, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p32
Focuses on the automobile dealership management strategy. Reading of books on leadership; Establishment of a strong personal foundation; Acceptance of the challenges involving management responsibilities.
- On The Management Side. Pollock, Ted // Automotive Manufacturing & Production;Dec99, Vol. 111 Issue 12, p10
Presents tips for automobile company managers. Steps to increase work initiatives; Techniques that can increase personal productivity; Nonessentials that drain managers.
- Selling im. Katcher, Philip // Automotive Marketing;Dec93, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p18
Presents ways to help any automotive retail outlet improve its selling impressions. Check sheet to evaluate an automotive retail store's performance.
- Agile manufacturing. Winter, Drew // Ward's Auto World;Apr94, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p40
Discusses the application of the concept of agile manufacturing on the automobile industry. Evolution of lean production techniques; Belief and dependence on automation; Elimination of layers of management and educating workers.
- Modular manufacturing is effective. Keenan, Tim // Ward's Auto World;Apr94, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p47
Presents a survey on the importance of modular manufacturing on automotive production facilities. Percentage of engineers who think that modular manufacturing has the most potential for improving productivity ; Two most important concepts of agile manufacturing; Popularity of agile...