Old principles in a new age
- Back to the future: Collection box returns to fund old and new building. Rysankova, Irena // Prague Business Journal;1/28/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p9
No abstract available.
- Hope, faith, hard work and charity. du Preez, Nikkie // People Management;05/18/95, Vol. 1 Issue 10, p26
Describes the lessons the author learned in managing people behind a Bosnian charity called `Bosnia Now.' Process in training volunteers; Problems encountered by the charity; Author's insights on the qualities of a good manager.
- Philanthropy resources. // Whole Earth;Spring98, Issue 92, p57
Features resources regarding philanthropy. Includes CIVICUS Website which offers information about the nonprofit sector all over the globe; New York-based The Foundation Center, operator of libraries and online services where people can go in search of grants, scholarships and the like; `The...
- Philanthropy guidance. // Whole Earth;Spring98, Issue 92, p59
Lists organizations that provide checklist of standards and maintain Websites to help donors who want to assess their potential beneficiaries. Includes `Give...But Give Wisely,' the quarterly newsletter from the Philanthropic Advisory Service of the Council of Better Business Bureaus; `Wise...
- To keep the light burning. Rondos, Alex // Whole Earth;Spring98, Issue 92, p60
Explores the challenges facing the dynamics of international charity. Categories of charitable bureaucracy; Public finance made available by governments for a wide variety of emergency and long-term assistance; Role of the United Nations; Voluntary organizations that receive funding from...
- Understanding Donation Behavior: Strategic Implications from Consumer Research. Peltier, James W.; Atwood, April // Advances in Consumer Research;1993, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p437
Addresses issues that are important to the development of successful charitable campaigns. Understanding the donation process; Researching key experimental manipulations; Turning research into action.
- Under protest, the charities fill the void. Serres, Christopher // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;1/17/94, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p8
Compares state welfare and voluntary charity, and notes that by demanding more government spending the Edmonton Food Bank may be lobbying against the best interests of the very people it is trying to assist. Higher percentage of private donations reach their destination than public funds; Costs...
- Of thine own have we given. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;1/23/95, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p38
States that according to a story in the January 5, 1995 edition of the `Calgary Sun,' Mountain View, a village of under 100, between Cardston and Waterton Lakes National Park is the most charitable in the province of Alberta, indeed on all of western Canada.
- Ronald McDonald grants. // New York Amsterdam News;3/11/95, Vol. 86 Issue 10, p38
Reports on the grants awarded by Ronald McDonald Children's Charities (RMCC) to not-for-profit organizations that benefit children in areas of healthcare and medical research, civic and social concerns, and education and the arts. Establishment of the organization in 1984 in memory of...
- H.E.L.P. housing prototype at work in slum and suburb. P.D.S. // Architectural Record;May1991, Vol. 179 Issue 5, p20
Summarizes the success of the nonprofit New York State organization H.E.L.P. It's provided transitional housing in the city and the suburbs, designed by Alex Cooper. The housing designs include space for in-house counseling and day care.