The Data Dilemma
- On The Road. Jovin, Ellen // Financial Planning;Apr2000, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p171
Deals with the technology options that offer financial planners an easy link to their offices and data at any time. Information on pcAnywhere from Symantec; Low-end solutions for telecommuters and travelers; Carbon Copy program used by Alaska Financial Advisors.
- Online System Improves Financial Advice Process. // Database & Network Journal;Jun2006, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p18
The article reports on financial research company Defaqto's launch a new online system for independent financial advisers called Aequos Engage. The system will speed up and improve the process of identifying the right financial services and products for customers. It can help financial advisers...
- Helping Clients Reach for the Gold Ring. Opiela, Nancy // Journal of Financial Planning;May2003, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p40
Discusses financial planner/client relationship. Understanding of clients' goal; Use of a proprietary software program to help the firm track progress toward completion of client's goal; Planner's commitment to education and exploration.
- Actuaries offer free endowment redress calculator to small IFAs. // Money Marketing;7/31/2003, p13
Reports that actuarial consultant OAC has been offering free software for small and regional independent financial advisers needing to work out redress for mortgage endowment complaints in Great Britain. Use and application of the software; Fees charged by the company for the software.
- So You Want to Be a Software Developer? McCarthy, Ed // Journal of Financial Planning;Jun2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p54
Discusses the factors to consider in selling commercial software to financial planners. Market size and cost sensitivity of software; Financial risk of selling commercial software; Advice from several financial planners who have developed commercial software.
- Adding Precision to Retirement Planning. Stevens, Michael G. // Practical Accountant;May2003, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p46
Focuses on the integration of computer software into retirement planning practice of accountants in the U.S. Use of computer software in the creation of models for financial planning packages; Computer applications available for accountants; Approaches in creating retirement plan packages. ...
- Efficiency in the marketplace. // Credit Management;Aug98, p16
Focuses on WallCHART, an electronic wallplanner from Sussex, England-based company Wallchart International. Capabilities; Companies that are using the software.
- MARKET PLACE. // Financial Planning;May2000, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p33
Lists several products for financial planners. Features of the National Datamax's ProSource Premier 5.05 software application designed for financial planners; InsWord for Producers 1.0 software from Insmark; Pass-word protected Internet site developed by First Call Interactive.
- Joining the advice delivery dots. // Money Management;10/18/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 40, p1
The article informs that financial planners want the help of software providers in providing scaled advice to access the entire financial situation of a client instantly.