Healing From the Aura of an Anniversary
- A Muslim embrace. Weaver, Tanya // Christian Science Monitor;9/25/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 211, p9
Reflects on terrorist attacks on the United States on September 11, 2001, from the point of view of Americans who are living in the Muslim nation of Kyrgyzstan.
- MILWAUKEE JOURNAL SENTINEL. Kaiser, Martin // Newspaper Research Journal;Winter2003, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p107
Presents information on the news coverage of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the U.S. by the 'Milwaukee Journal Sentinel' newspaper. Reporters sent to cover the attacks in New York City and Washington; Effect of the coverage of the attacks on the employees of the newspaper.
- The Washington Post. Connors, Lisa O'Donnell // Newspaper Research Journal;Winter2003, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p146
Offers information on the news coverage of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the U.S. by 'The Washington Post' newspaper. Release of an afternoon extra edition by the newspaper to cover the news about the terrorist attacks; Efforts of the employees to come up with the extra edition;...
- Orlando Sentinel. Pynn, Manning // Newspaper Research Journal;Winter2003, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p188
Offers information on the news coverage of the September 11, terrorist attacks in the U.S. by the 'Orlando Sentinel' newspaper in Florida. Release of an extra edition about the attacks by the newspaper; Efforts of the employees to publish the newspaper.
- Post, Times Highlight Government's War Efforts. Changho Lee // Newspaper Research Journal;Winter2003, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p190
Presents a study that examined the coverage of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in the U.S. by 'The New York Times' and 'The Washington Post' newspapers in the four weeks following the attacks. Background on terrorism in the U.S.; Methodology; Main topics of the news coverage of the...
- Remembering 9/11, a year later. Boyd, Herb // New York Amsterdam News;9/12/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 37, p4
Focuses on the response of the Black-American community during the commemoration of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attack of the World Trade Center in New York City. Reactions of the spiritual leaders; Response of the media; Comments on the recognition of Black casualties.
- HOME IS HERE. Singer, Mark // New Yorker;10/15/2001, Vol. 77 Issue 31, p62
Focuses on the impact of the terrorist attacks on the Arab American community in Dearborn, Michigan. Suspicion of affiliation with the terrorists; Threat to personal security; Dismissal of several Arab employees.
- Â¡ASK A MEXICAN! Arellano, Gustavo // La Prensa San Diego;10/28/2011, Vol. 35 Issue 43, p7
The article presents the author's comments on the much talked about September 11, 2001 terrorist attack in the U.S. by both the Mexicans and the Americans.
- I too Sing America: African-American Heroes and 9/11. Curry, Jason // Tennessee Tribune;9/13/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 37, p5B
The article offers information on the African American victims and heros of September 11, 2001 terror attack on the U.S.
- ROVING CAMERA. Gilbert, James // New York Amsterdam News;2/21/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 8, p13
Presents a question and answer advisory on the changes brought by the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks to the treatments of African-Americans in the U.S. Struggles of black citizens in the country; Impact of the tragedy on the families and friends of the victims; Unity of people after the...