Foam: Soft but not easy
- SWOT Analysis. // Foamex International Inc. SWOT Analysis;Sep2008, p1
The article offers information on the Linwood, Pennsylvania-based manufacturer Foamex International Inc. The company produces flexible polyurethane foam for the bedding, furniture, carpet cushion, and automotive markets. It posted revenues of $1,169.4 million during the financial year ended...
- Foamex, Recticel form automotive venture. Miller, Joe // Plastics News;7/22/1996, Vol. 8 Issue 21, p12
Reports on the joint venture partnership of Foamex International Inc. and Belgium-based Recticel SA. Terms of agreement; Advantages to Recticel customers; Effect of Recticel-Johnson Controls Inc. on Recticel-Foamex joint venture.
- `Variable-pressure' process adds flexibility to PUR foaming. // Plastics Technology;Jun96, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p96
Reports on the Variable-Pressure Foaming (VPF) process in polyurethane foams developed by Foamex in partnership with Recticel Corp. that produces water-blown foams in a more environmentally friendly manner. Features of the process; Advantages; Comment by Vincent Bonaddio, Foamex applications...
- Foamex first half sales rise 1.4%, net income up 6.3%. // Furniture/Today;08/07/2000, Vol. 24 Issue 47, p54
Reports the financial performance of foam supplier Foamex International for the second quarter of year 2000. Percent increase in sales and operating income for the quarter; Decrease in debt; Resolution of the change-of-control and shareholder-litigation issues.
- Recticel, Foamex form PU products JV. // Chemical Week;6/26/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 25, p7
Reports on Recticel and Foamex International's forming of an alliance to design, manufacture and market flexible polyurethane (PU) products for the automobile industry. Terms of the agreement.
- `Green' process creates new foams. // Design News;3/4/96, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p28
Focuses on the development of environmentally friendly foams by Foamex International. Comments by Vinnie Bonnaddio of Foamex; Where the foams are being used.
- Products use VPF process. // Furniture/Today;04/16/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 32, p34
Reports that Foamex International is aiming to increase its importance to the furniture industry with the addition of Variable Pressure Foaming technology at its plant in Cornelius, North Carolina. Forecast increase in the company's market share.
- Foam Uses Expand. Oganda, Joseph // Design News;10/11/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 14, p40
Focuses on the expansion of the uses of urethane foam at Foamex International Inc. in Pennsylvania. Utilization of new products at conducting electricity in digital imaging equipment; Usefulness of the developed products in automotive, medical, and packaging applications; Development of a...
- Foamex International to buy General Foam. Begin, Sherri // Rubber & Plastics News;7/23/2001, Vol. 30 Issue 26, p7
Reports the deal made by Foamex International Inc. to acquire General Foam Corp. in the U.S. Terms of the deal; Disclosure on the acquisition amount; Impact of the move on the market share of Foamex.