On the management side
- Crisis of Success. Waugh, Troy A. // CPA Journal;Jul99, Vol. 69 Issue 7, p73
Explains the behavior of business managers during crises of success. Complacency; Arrogance; Greed.
- Boss must respect importance of subordinates' time. Fishman, Allen // Inside Tucson Business;07/06/98, Vol. 8 Issue 15, p19
Asserts that bosses must respect the importance of subordinates' time. Justification by a small company president for talking about nonbusiness matters with his managers; Other irritating habits that managers complain about their president; Need for a leader to show enthusiasm.
- Changing the way America works--Part III. Mariotti, John // Industry Week/IW;02/21/2000, Vol. 249 Issue 4, p70
Part III. Examines the role of managers in personnel management. Guidelines for business executives on dealing with employees; Key to management success in the future.
- Stealth management. Mariotti, John // Industry Week/IW;02/17/97, Vol. 246 Issue 4, p38
Discusses the common business practice of `stealth management' among senior executives, which entail giving directives with insufficient explanation and no background. Case example of stealth management in practice; Negative effect of the practice on businesses; Need for changing the practice.
- Flexibility is a good asset in fast-changing Las Vegas. Bailey, Maria; Green, Steve // Las Vegas Business Press;12/01/97, Vol. 14 Issue 48, p11
No abstract available.
- Mind your own business. Pollock, Ted // Supervision;Jul96, Vol. 57 Issue 7, p21
Presents various tips for managers. Includes things that bad managers do; Types of letters that managers should not bother writing; Guarding against overselling an idea; Effective management communication; Initiative of managers.
- mind your own business. Pollock, Ted // Supervision;Jan2002, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p17
Presents suggestions on being an effective manager. Significance of communicating with employees; Strategies for stress management; Tips on breaking a bad habit.
- The Managerial Profile. Gilman, Glenn // Business Horizons;Summer65, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p37
Discusses managerial performance in terms of authoritarian-permissive participating frame of reference. Purpose of various managerial activity; Compliance with orders, rules and regulations in the company; Definition of participative and permissive management work.
- The face behind change. McCallum, John S. // Ivey Business Journal;Winter97, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p73
Presents information on the importance of personal qualities of executives, which could decide on the success or failure of a business. Reference to the challenge of change within a business; Factors that play a role in placing pressures on change leaders; How to successfully change an...
- 8 WAYS TO MAKE CRITICISM PAY OFF. Whitworth, Eugene E. // Management Review;Sep65, Vol. 54 Issue 9, p46
No abstract available.